Redispute verified inquiry??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Ironic

that the spam lecture would come from someone who's every post includes an advertisement for his business (spam). :)
    I've definitely seen it over ten times.
    Now a cd too? Double spam on every post.

His system sounds interesting yet he still has issues with his own credit and/or finances...
    Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

It's like giving a lecture on not smoking while smoking DURING the lecture to others not to smoke.

I think it's funny! I like Bill's posts and I also see a lot of comedic contradictions.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Re: Ironic

The word "spam" as I am using it is in a totally differnet context than the normal usage and understanding of the word.

As you are obviously aware, Spam refers to Unsolicited Commercial Email sent out enmasse to untold numbers of people who did not ask for it to be sent to them.

Here, as I am coining the phrase for the sake of brevity, I am using the word in the sense that one keeps on doing the same thing over and over and over again, ad infinitium, ad nauseum when there are better options available to use that are open to everyone without any cost whatsoever simply by studying the statute 15 USC 1681(i) dealing with the requirement of the CRA to supply the name, company phone number and company address of the person having verified the adverse report.

The act gives the CRA a predermined time within which it must reply revealing the name, company address and company phone number of the person providing the verification to the CRA.

Now then, I submit that it would be infinitely better to demand the name, company address and company phone number of the person having verified the listing and proceed from there rather than to just fire off dispute after dispute with no real obvious or apparent end in sight.

Doing it the "round after round after round after round" method is litle more than a "dog chases own tail until death do them part" routine with no logical or sensical end in immediate sight. This is especially onerous if one is paying a so-called credit repair firm to do it for them while footing the bill.

When one demands names, addresses and phone numbers, what one will often find is that the verification came from yet another CRA which is an affiliate of the first. In that event, one should then fire off another dispute but this time to the both of them, demanding investigation of the both of them. Quite often, the "baby bell" will then correct it's "mamma" and the fight is over. If that does not happen, then you will finally get to the bottom of the barrel and you can then do whatever with the rotten apple at the bottom. Sue him, cham a cork in his yap, whatever.

But at least there is a logical end in sight, a way to go if you will.

And the CD. Yes, 210 actual documents including titles USC 1,4,5, 12,15,18,19,20,22,26,27,28,31,42,44,48 in their entirety exactly as they appear in their hardcover counterparts, The US Constitution in it's entirety, The entire Federal Code of Banking Regulations, most of the more famous Acts of Congress such as the FOIA, the Paperwork Reduction Acts, Miranda, and a whole lot more. All searchable, all in .PDF format for Acrobat Reader.

It's a real gem of a research tool.

None of this is copyrighted material, none of it changed in any way shape or form from the originals.

Comical? If you say so.