Refinance my Chrysler with CAR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jared T, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Jared T

Jared T Guest

Chrysler Financial Corporation financed my new vehicle purchased in August at 12.9%. I just got an offer in the mail from a company called Consumer Auto Refinance Services, Inc. based in St Louis, Missouri. Their web site is at www.autorefi.com. Does anyone know if this is a reputable company? They say if I'm paying over 7.7% I'm paying too much and that they can help me out. Has any of you refinanced with them? Please let me know.

2. average jo

average jo Guest

RE: Refinance my Chrysler with

I would investigate this company.Try BBB or some other org. to see if there is any complaints on this company.Do your homework before getting involved with them.

3. Killer

Killer Guest

I went to the following:http://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/01_LoginPrivacyPage.htm

There was an option to indicate that I was denied credit in the past 60 days and Experian was the CR pulled. I checked that option. Some questions about my credit file were asked for security purposes. I've been told if you answer these questions incorrectly you won't get the report. I had an old copy of my Experian report. I used it to answer the questions. If don't have an old copy carefully answer those questions. Also, the report is a one-time deal so immediately print and/or save it.

4. Killer

Killer Guest

Sorry folks! I didn't intend to post the above information in this thread! Please ignore!

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Exactly what profit would a company make (other than the dealer) by loaning at below prime rate?

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Sam--

My auto loan is 7% interest, far below prime rate...

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i'm just curious what the benefit is fron a non-dealer associated financing company that lends at below their cost?

8. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Well, banks actually are charged the discount rate. You could find this published in major newspapers, like the NY Times and Wall Street Journal, among others.

The discount rate is lower than the prime rate, which is typically the lowest rate available to customers.

So if the discount rate for a bank/credit union is 5.5%, even 7% interest is netting the bank a profit.

9. mt

mt Guest

I'm from Saint Louis. I think this Co. is located in Chesterfield. Maybe they are legit, but I have it from a reliable source that all they do all day long is make sales calls to people trying to get them to refinance. My friend suggested that it seemed shady to her (and not that well put together). But anyway. :)