Regarding AU benefits/raising FICO

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 16, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

I recently wrote a thread in another post regarding Bank One and their apparent denial of reporting to a AU. If anyone remembers, I posted that they had told me that they don't report to an AU, but if we wanted, they would for a co-applicant. This was not what we wanted and knew we could never be approved anyway.

So I thought that was a dead end.....until today.

I pulled my wifes Experian report today only to find First USA listed on her account. It was 1st reported last month, but you could never tell seeings how there is nothing listed about her being an AU.

Furthermore, it shows an open date of 03/1988 as well as a reported since date of 1994.

Here is my question for you credit score gurus:

Her score before this addition last month was 537.
    Her score now this month is 537.

Showing a old account like that with "never late" and also showing 35k line of credit with 10k used seems like it would raise her score more than ehhh... lets say 0!

Does the FICO algorithm have some fail safe that when a real old account like that "just shows up" that it won't reflect a true impact in the score?

Will it take a few months?

In the responsibility section of that tradeline it says NA. On the other accounts it will say "Joint applicant" or "Individual".....is this why it isn't impacting her score at all?

What should we do or not do at this point?

Bank One employees are so smart,

SnakeMan

2. snakeman

Someone here must have some knowledge of why this is working this way.

LOL....not going away that easily,

BUMP

3. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

just a hunch..

how did you pull the score? PrivacyGuard, or "real" Fico?

4. snakeman

I pulled that particular one using www.experian.com

I don't know what they call it other than it was through Experian

Any ideas?

SnakeMan

5. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

was it through "creditexpert" by experian?

that is a FAKO as well

6. snakeman

It was through Experian ScoreCard

What do you think? Does that matter?

SnakeMan

7. snakeman

I hate responding to my own posts but there must be someone here who can offer me an opinion or better yet some solid info regarding my original question in this thread.

Please, give me some ideas!

SnakeMan

8. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

Experian Scorecard is not your true FICO.

9. snakeman

O.k. fair enough. Could you tell me where online I can go to see my true FICO? Does such a place exist? BTW, thanks for helping!

SnakeMan

10. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

www.myfico.com

using discount codes found on the board, you can get it (EXP score only) for $11 or so.

11. snakeman

Now this is just plain dumb.

I went to myfico and pulled her report and the score there is 572 (as opposed to 538 on experian score power).

The stupid thing is, on score power, the Bank One CC shows up and gives a score of 538 while on myfico it dont show up and scores her at 572. Keep in mind that this CC tradeline is as an AU and she inherits 14 years of immaculate history.

What gives?

SnakeMan

12. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

her FICO is 572. when the AU hits (if it does) the score will go up from there, my guess is to 600 or so.

13. snakeman

If it does? I talked to a lady from myfico tonight and aske why the Bank One wasn't showing up on her credit report. She said that when myfico pulls the info it only pulls SSN info. When Experian pulls it, they pull everything from SSN to name and address...basically anything that matches.

Was she right? If Experian is the one showing this info...then if she applies for credit or a mortgage, they will see that AU account right? Is there any way to get that account reported onto her other bureaus?

Still quite confused as to why Experian shows this but myfico (which gets their info from Experian) does not

Ooooh boy!

SnakeMan

14. NJones

NJones Well-Known Member

I'm an AU on a FirstUSA/Bank One account. It shows up in MyFICO and on all three reports directly from the CRA's, plus WK and PG...

15. snakeman

Like I mentioned before, she has only been an AU for about 6 or 7 weeks. Looks like Experian shows this account. Maybe it takes a while for it to show up with the other guys too ehh?

SnakeMan

16. BlueRidge

BlueRidge Well-Known Member

Sometimes AU accounts take a while to show for me. I do know however that this account should raise her score. I had a 6 year history before being added as AU to a 25 year old, 9K limit, zero balance account.

I got a jump of 30 points (real FICO points) on Eq. I am waiting for it to report to TU. I don't exactly trust the EX FAKO but that did jump 30-40 points as well.

Although I now have a 25 year history, my average age of accounts is still quite young since the other 25-30 tradelines are 0-6 years old. Thus, sometimes age of accounts still shows up as a negative factor in my Eq score.

17. snakeman

Why would my wifes score on Equifax that shows a brand new 14 year old CC account still be the same score of 538.

At the same time her myfico score which does not list this account scores her at 572?

What kind of monkey BS is that?

SnakeMan

18. BlueRidge

BlueRidge Well-Known Member

The account may have raised her average age of accounts but the balance reflecting on it might hurt her on revolving usage. Thus, the effects may cancel out.

I would be totally shocked if the score didn't rise when the 10K is paid off.