Regarding Junum and bad credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gemini, May 9, 2001.

1. Gemini

Gemini Active Member

I was curious what luck you think Junum is going to have on my first round of disputes. The problem is for me, is that the stuff on my credit reports happens to be true. I can't say that things are reported wrong, or that they are not mine, they are accurate, they are mine, and they are bad. My score and my husbands scores sit in the mid to lower 500s. One thing that might help me faster is that we have 2 credit cards that are above the limit right now....if I paid them down to well below the limit will that quickly raise my score by more than just a few points or not really affect it for a long time? I hope that Junum has luck, but I clearly don't see how they can remove things that I am at fault with and with companies that I still get nasty grams from.

2. bigboy

bigboy Guest

Sounds like you or Junum or Lexington could start by asking the creditors to provide verification of some kind. You are entitled to ask for verification of any debt, whether you know it to be valid or not. You admit openly that their claims are legit, but make sure you don't admit that to them.

I also suggest you review some of LizardKing's posts on this board. He has done precisely that, and with considerable success I might add. Some people find it "unethical" to ask a creditor to verify a debt when the debt is known to be true. Others think it's ok. For what it's worth, not only do I think it's ok, it's also entirely within your rights. Strictly speaking, it's by the book. :)

Good luck!

3. jean1221

jean1221 Well-Known Member

My husband just joined Junum and he to has bad credit (all His) I am hoping they can remove some of it. I will keep you updated as to what they have done. this is the first round so i have no idea what to expect, but I have heard nothing but good things from them. Also it is so cheap I figured that if they remove anything it is still cheaper than a night out.

Good Luck