Regarding Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof5, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Momof5

Momof5 Guest

I would really love to try them, I am very afraid to do so. I know they could do the work a lot faster than I could. Would it show up to a potential lender later on that you used such a company? Are they legit and do they really work? I sometimes wonder if the people who boast about something don't actually work FOR the company. In the computer world it's hard to distinguish true testimonials versus staged ones for the company.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I am happy. They disputed 21 items and 10 disappeared. I don't work for Junum.

Junum won't be able to remove everything negative. Be realistic like I am.

3. Momof5

Momof5 Guest

Thanks Jim...another question

How long have you been with Junum? Do they pull your reports...which lowers your scores...over and over again while doing this? How does it work?

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Good questions!

Since October 2000.

You pull the reports not them and forward them to Junum. They analyze them and dispute on your behalf. The CRA's respond by sending you a new report. You submit the new reports to Junum. They dispute again.

The value of Junum is that they know how to construct the dispute letters better than I do to get rid of stuff.

I am on round 2 of disputing. Trans Union has just informed me that they will not re-verify the 2 negs on my report that have been previously verified last month when Junum disputed for me the first time. I expected this. HOWEVER, I AM GRATEFUL THAT JUNUM MANAGED TO GET THE OTHER NEGS OFF THE REPORT LAST MONTH.

Good luck.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

You would think...

that Junum would by-pass the items that came back verified on the first round and move on to other items on the second round and then return back to the verified items at a later date? I know that I disputed an item personally back in like June or July 2k? (have to verify that) and then Junum disputed the same item in Januany 2k1 and it was removed.

So I guess my question is how long should you wait to redispute items that where previously verified so that the CRA won't reject your request? I have a judgment that was verified on Experian in Nov 2k and Junum tried to dispute it in Jan 2k1 and Experian said that they would not reinvestigate.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I only have the 2 negatives on

There is nothing else to dispute and both items are BK related credit cards. Because I only have the 2 items, I would have been concerned if Junum didn't dispute again. Sometimes miracles do happen.

However, I think Junum has pretty much worked itself out of a job on TU. Maybe I will try Lexington (full service) next month.

BTW, yesterday Experian notified me that they are verifying my new (Junum) disputes. As I mentioned in another thread this, in my view, is just a ploy to get the legal maximum number of days to respond to the dispute letter(s). If I get one of these from Equifax fine. If not, fine too.

7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

RE: I only have the 2 negative

One question that I have about using these services however - isn't it a possibility that even though Junum might get rid of these bad marks.. that they can reappear in a few years if the debt has never been taken care of? Isn't this possible as well, which would require you to use Junum or another service again? What guarantees that these debts stay off your credit report forever?

Jim wrote:
    -------------------------------
    There is nothing else to dispute and both items are BK related credit cards. Because I only have the 2 items, I would have been concerned if Junum didn't dispute again. Sometimes miracles do happen.

However, I think Junum has pretty much worked itself out of a job on TU. Maybe I will try Lexington (full service) next month.

BTW, yesterday Experian notified me that they are verifying my new (Junum) disputes. As I mentioned in another thread this, in my view, is just a ploy to get the legal maximum number of days to respond to the dispute letter(s). If I get one of these from Equifax fine. If not, fine too.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Transunion has been easy for m

Jim,

I'm glad you're having such success with Transunion. That's my best report, only one negative - A slow pay.

Equifax never sends me a letter indicating that they are starting an investigation. Experian and Transunion do but not Equifax. I just wait and then the results come back. Generally, they're pretty timely.

Good luck and may the deletions continue!

Donna

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Anything can happen of course

I really don't think BK related items will come back as the 2 credit card companies know they will never be paid.

I have no first hand experience with chargeoffs and repos but others have reported they can return via collection agencies.

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Donna!

Thanks for the comments.

Because of your bad experience with Lex, I am going to have a blunt talk with them before they get my money.

One slow pay? - Not bad - LOL

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Hi Jim!

hehehehe Yeah, considering what was on there before, I can definitely live with the one slow pay. But, still, I may go after it again in a few months. Mostly, what I've been dealing with on my reports are slow pays and one paid charge off (which I keep kvetching about on here.)

Much success if you do go with Lexington. Maybe they've improved and your experience will be better than mine.

Donna

12. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: I only have the 2 negative

Ender,

You're right about the unpaid debts. They get re-reported with fair frequency because there's new activity on the account (it gets sold, etc..)

Settling the debts and using credit repair is the best one-two punch.

Once the debts are settled, they rarely, if ever, come back on (once deleted.)

13. Momof5

Momof5 Guest

Thanks Jim

I'm really trying to think this through and do what's best. I am still afraid to go with them and I don't know why, like I will be the first one that the big 3 come after for using a company! LOL I'm sure that won't happen, I will keep reading the Junum updates and will decide really soon. Thanks for all the advice thus far.

14. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks Jim

I may try them also. Hell, I'm getting tired of writing. Apparently, I'm not speaking in "credit" terms. I want and need this Judgement I have corrected!