Regional Experian/CBA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Austin, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Austin

Austin Guest

When I moved from LA to PA I noticed that my Experian reports started coming from a place called CBA in Cherry Hill, New Jersey instead of the main center in Allen, TX. Why is that? Also, I've noted that some of you people have called and talked to an Experian rep who took care of some minor things over the phone. I tried calling the 888-EXP-ERIA number and after going through the voice tree 3 times, I got to a human who told me in no uncertain terms that even if I only wanted some old addresses deleted, I would have to mail in the request to Cherry Hill. Please enlighten me LizardKind, you silver-tongued devil! LOL

2. JD

JD Guest

I ran into the same problem with Transunion. It seems that the main CRAs have branches or divisions that are responsible for certain demographic areas. I think that since they are smaller and probably not so automated that they can't handle phone requests. I had to do everything by mail with them.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

They lied. Experian contractor in the east coast area:

CBA Information Services
    1-800-574-9784

(Ignore the voice prompts, choose ext. 5 to speak w/ a human. If they disconnect you for "huge call volume", simply hang up & call again).

Saar

4. JD

JD Guest

I live in New England and dealt with Experian on the phone. It was not a "branch." They were extremely accommodating and helpful. I had a corrected, with some deletions, report within six days of my phone call.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

i got the same Cherry Hill letter. I sent my last dispute to them.

roni

6. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

good luck trying to get a real live rep on the cba/experian line. They are by far the most difficult agency for me, loads of mistakes, and they verify everything, no matter what (at least in my case.)

Plus everyone seems to pull that report for me :(

7. Austin

Austin Guest

hmmmm I wonder if going through Experian's customer service (not toll-free) number in Allen, TX would do any good?