Rejected and Dejected Because

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tired, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Tired

Tired Guest

I was recently rejected by American Express two times. The first, for the 'Blue'. The second, for the 'Personal Card'. The second application was made after American Express assured me I was 'pre-approved' for a card. The language they used was attached to the mail-in application and I didn't make a copy but I am absolutly certain that their language made it clear in very certain terms that I was getting a card all I needed to do was say 'yes'. They said in a letter that I cannot be approved 'at this time'. I have NO bad marks on my credit history but have had about 8 to 10 inquiries since August 1 and carry substantial debt but make an income that can pay it. I really want an American Express card. How many months should I wait before re-applying?

2. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: Rejected and Dejected Beca

Did you put your social security number? Did you fill out any other personal information? If so, then you were not pre-approved, more like pre-approved from some marketing company. 8-10 Inquiries will probably get you denied for that prime card.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

First off put the breaks on applying for new credit anywhere for 5-6 months and let those inquiries get old. Learn from this error, after 4 inquiries people see your credit hungry, they won't lend you credit, and applying further is shooting your self in the foot.

In 6 months time get your debt paid down some and then apply again for Blue. If your turned down again pay off some more and try back in another 90 days. Remember also that reports are usually 60 days behind so don't expect that recient payments will show up.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Even though you have a high income, you should pay down your debt substantially and wait at least six months before applying again. Potential creditors do not like to see a large debt load when you are applying for new credit. Good luck!

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Even though you have a high income, you should pay down your debt substantially and wait at least six months before applying again. Potential creditors do not like to see a large debt load when you are applying for new credit. Good luck!

6. LuceeBell

LuceeBell Guest

American express has a secured Optima Card. Have you ever applied for it? many don't know much about it. The minimum limit is 200

7. Michael

Michael Guest

The Secured Optima is really for people with real bad credit the problem is it won't report to the C.B.'s, and they want 12 full months of a payment each and every month.

If you allready have credit established, and no major derogitories stay away from it.