Rejected by Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by heather, Jun 24, 2001.

1. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I sent a letter to Experian disputing inquires, I guess they are not even going to help since I received a letter back about who has the right to pull my credit report. Anyone else have an success with them?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Heather, there's a thread right now on here about the online disputing of inquiries through their new program. Please check it out, it may be just what you needed!

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I disputed online and have had luck removing "incorrect" addresses and inquiries.

It's not garantueed they will remove every single inquiry you dispute , but at least you will be able too!

good luck.

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Every address I disputed was deleted. They had variations of my current address (without my apartment number) and I disputed them as incorrect.

They deleted my spouse (don't have one anymore). They had an incorrect spelling of my employer..gone. THey had an old DL #...that's gone. They also have about 7 different names for me. One I disputed as incorrect spelling and that was removed but the others that I said I've never been known as, they are still there.

Oh yeah, got my 100-word statement removed also. So much for Junum!

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

congrats!

6. JB

JB Well-Known Member

I called Experian's (actually Credit Data Services) and asked them to delete a name on my report. It was a name I have never used and do not know anyone by that name. The lady said that is okay and deleted it right then, no problem at all.

I had called up asking how do I dispute a wrong name on report and she said she would delete it for me right then. She said the name deleted sounded a lot like my real name and therefore she said that she thought some cc company telephone operator must have misunderstood me and written down the wrong name. I said I don't think so, I have never received any mail or credit cards or even phone calls for that name. She said ok and deleted it.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE A "FAKE" ADDRESS THANKS TO FLEET CREDIT CARDS...

I live at 3804 XXXXXX STREET...
    They put on my credit report 1804 XXXXXX STREET (# DOES NOT EXIST)...

I FOUND OUT BECAUSE I NEVER GOT A BILL FOR 3 MONTHS...
    GOOD THING THEY HAVE ON-LINE ACCESS!!!