Remember this POST !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Keisha, Dec 18, 2000.

1. Keisha

Keisha Guest

I just wanteed to go back and get this until we figure out what is going on with JUNUM..................................................Posted by Roni.....Did everyone notice the post by Lena below. In case you didnot want to go back thru the threads and find the post by Bob Price, I will recap for those interested. Junum is going belly up. This former employee says that junum left las vegas (sounds familiar), and did not pay their employees there. He said that they will try to get you to stay on 3 more months (sounds very familiar) when you call and try to cancel. I know we have all been trying to dig for info on Junum. I did not want it to get lost in the threads.
    I hope you all dont tie up the lines tomorrow when I am calling to take care of my business.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Remember this POST !!!!!!!

Keisha,
    It sounds like you are bowing out.

roni

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Why would junum go belly u

Let's see.

People pay $20-$30 a month for nothing really.

They hire a dozen min wagers, to fill in the blanks and send and stuff letters to credit bureaus.

They then wait a few months, and charge you the monthly fee more.

Then if they get lucky, they make $8 per item that gets deleted.

Sounds like a very solid business plan to me. If they can't make money off that, they are smoking too much crack with their revenue.

4. mt

mt Guest

I'm going to give it a chance I think.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry I have to chime in here, that post was a while back and addressed and answered. ALthough I don't have any money vested myself, yes I would be concerned but to say they have gone belly up again it quite premature. I do hope everyone gets the answers and help from them.

Side note I understand the Junum is in VERY capable hands now, I am sure there will be some kind of annoucemnet soon I would think, I can't say no more:)

6. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Sam,

I work with Lexington Law Firm and I know the credit business inside and out.

I promise, it costs more than $20 to $30 dollars a month to make it work.

You forgot a couple of things, such as advertising and sales costs, not to mention what it'll cost Junum to answer the 200 worried phone calls that these posts will generate in the next few days.

The credit repair isn't nearly as expensive as servicing and updating their clientele.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

So you're saying the price at junum.com is charging is not viable nor profitable enough to sustain their business?

8. jason

jason Well-Known Member

That depends on their marketing. Marketing is the largest cost, second to handling client servicing.

If Junum has found a way to get in front of clients for free, then they might be allright.

However, I doubt that they can sustain their business with $20.00 a month unless they have a tricky way of collecting the $8.00 per deleted item (which, by the way, makes them more expensive then your average credit repair.)

With that said, I know of a local credit repair outfit that charges around $20 a month and $8 per deletion and they do OK. They spend most of their time doing gestapo collections against their clients to get the $8, but it works out in the end.

Charging per deletion works out to be much more expensive then anticipated. Remember, it's $8.00 per deletion, per report.