Removal of Eloan inquiry

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dd, May 4, 2001.

1. dd

dd Member

I've read several people so far that have had the Midwest Mortgage inquiry removed. Did you contact them personally by email?

Mine is still showing, but I haven't contacted them because I thought they were automatically removing EVERYONE'S.

Thanks-

dd

2. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I would like to know this too THANX
    Carrie

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Experian has been given batch files with every single person name who's inquiry was pulled as hard because of a code number snafu by experian through E-Loan.
    Every one should be changed with or without reporting it with experian kicking and moaning all the way though it.

Experian ...you got to love these guys.

For some reason they wanted all consumer inquiries pulled with second party scoring models to show as hard. But when you pull through experian and get your score with them, they will make it a soft inquiry.It sort of says if you don't use us as your primary provider of reports and scoring you'll be sorry.

I.E. (Use Experian or Suffer the consequences)

FCRA's never say Repositories are sworn to be honest or act in the public interest or take an oath to be fair.

Should also mention Experian hasn't signed on to nextgen with TU only doing a pilot program and equifax the only one in full operating mode.Other scoring models have gained respect and fico not growing as fast.Its like they just awoke after a 45 year comma.The fico score availability from equifax has made them realize they can make a lot of money off of this.

The attitudes of the CRA's has been, we own the market (sorry guys We own the credit files, not you, lol)and without the CRAs providing the credit files the non-sponsored second tier scoring models will dry up and go away giving the CRAs the entire market back to them again.

UNLESS THEY GET CAUGHT and reminded of recourse.
    E-Loan, you did good. Note; all IMHO, enough said.

vj

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I never contacted them, and I got an email stating that they were having the inquiry changed. Sounds to me like it's eveyone's, whether you contacted them or not. My inquiry came through on EXP, and I only have 3 for the entire year, so I wasn't concerned about it.

breeze

5. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Mine is still there and I was never contacted. Should I wait and see and do something about it now. I got this one and 3 others all last month!!!

6. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Mine is still there and I was never contacted. Should I wait and see and do something about it now. I got this one and 3 others all last month!!!

7. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I just called Experion and my Midwest Morgage is gone but on that same day there is now an inquirey from credit infonet. Does anyone know who credit infonet might be???

8. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Ok, I think they are the same thing! I have a copy of my report from May 5th and it says MIDWEST MORTGAGE. That is gone and now it says CREDIT INFONET.
    I know I didn't inquire with anyone else, just that stupid E-LOAN. This is the contact info I am now getting:
    CREDIT INFONET

Address:
    5117 JERSEY RIDGE RD
    DAVENPORT IA 52807
    Date of Request:
    04/27/2001

Comments:
    Real estate loan . This inquiry is scheduled to continue on record until 5-2003.

She also told me that she can't delete it I will have to call the company and have it deleted. Does this ever happen???

9. MikeB

MikeB Banned