Removal of incorrect tradelines

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by godaddyo, Oct 10, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I had a negative tradeline re-inserted on my credit report recently. The item is was not mine and was removed by the collection agency reporting the tradeline. They even provided me with a copy of fax they sent over requesting that it be removed by the CRA. I called the CRA on Monday, their response was that it would be removed. I sent them a letter to document this occurance.

I am wondering how long it should take them to remove the item. I checked online today and it is still appearing. Does it take a few days for them to get it together? I might sue them, but I'm not sure if I have the time right now. That is what they are hoping for from Mr. Joe Consumer....In the meantime I just want to buy a house. I am sick of renting...

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I thought they were 1) supposed to notify you before reinserting an item previously deleted. 2) supposed to reverify before reinserting an item previously deleted.
    Also, when they delete an item that is porved to be erroneous, they are supposed to have procedures in place to prevent any recurrence (from automatic updates, etc)

There's a whole section on this.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Godaddyo:
    I'd contact Mr. Szwak. Let him sue them for you. He does it fee contingency and I'm letting him handle one just like that for me.

I think he will do a great job and get you some bucks in the process.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

correct. They are supposed to notify you within 5 days of reinsertion. When a deleted item is re-reported it is to be certified correct, not just reported. And, yes, they are supposed to have a cloaking procedure in place to prevent deleted items from reappearing. Trans Union does, Equifax might, and Experian I can tell you does not.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Class action time.