removal of medical collection

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by poobybear, Oct 24, 2001.

1. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

Is it possible to request a collection agency to completely remove the debt from one's credit report once the debt has been paid?

2. fand123

fand123 Well-Known Member

Once the debt is paid I think you will have a much difficult time getting it done. I had about 4 medical accounts removed by paying the full amounts. I got all 4 in writting and so far all 4 have removed them. Of course, I started reading this board before I contacted them so I was armed with info from the pros on this board. Good luck in them deleted. Don't take no for answers, there is always a way.

3. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the CA. I have successfully gotten about 10 collections accounts off my report simply by disputing them once they were paid...the CA just figured it wasn't worth their time to verify them. However, Gulfstate absolutely will not allow the last one hubby has to be deleted. They are being real pains about it.

So I guess what I am saying is that it depends.

It is far better to negotiate this ahead of time of course. I just got lucky

Larissa

4. poobybear

thank you. do u recomend that I write to the agency first and tell them that as a condition to my full payment they must remove the debt?

5. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Yes! I am sure someone on here has a great letter for just this type of situation.

Larissa

6. poobybear

anyone has a letter for this situation thank you in advance