Removal of Paid Collection

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, May 20, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Ok everyone, I have one last thing to get removed from my report.

A little history, I have a paid collection from 1995, I have attempted to dispute this collection with both the CRA and the collection agency on several occasions.

The good thing is that the collection is only showing on Experian and Transunion.

My question: Does anyone know of any tactics to get this collection removed? I already contacted the original creditor who has no written knowledge of the collection.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Why don't you use a variation of a validation letter to get the CA to verify the debt with the original creditor? Just shooting off the hip here, but if the original creditor has no knowledge of the collection, there may be an angle here.

Hope this helps. BTW, congrats on AMEX. I'm still scared to try. Maybe in September...

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Send a validation letter to the CA and wait for a response.. do this process 2-3 times, at the same time dispute with the CRA's as NOT MINE. If there is no record at the original creditor, then there is no signature that they can valdiate the debt.. it should be an easy removal.

Or if you can get the original creditor to send you a letter saying they have no knowledge of you or your account whatsoever, then send a copy o this and al etter to the CRA's stating that the CA is reporting FALSE information not pertaining to you and demand IMMEDIATE DELETION OR you will SUE them.

Or you can do all of the above mentioned suggestions.. that's what I would do.