Remove experian inquiries online!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Jun 21, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Pull a credit report. Goto inquiries, click on the inquiry you want to remove. select dispute inquiry and say you don't remember inquiry.

It will be removed withing 48 hours.

Same thing applies for the personnel info.

Easy and no hassle at all.

don't dispute all of them at the same time though.

like 5 at a time until every single one of them is removed.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I don't see a place to dispute online once you've pulled a copy of your report. Where is it?

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

It seems to be gone for now.

Try tommorrow.

there should be a link saying " dispute item"

4. EPM191

EPM191 Member

I have visited this site since they open, but I have never seen "dispute item". You sure CreditExpert?

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Yes I am really sure, the option to dispute was there yesterday the whole day. But it seems to be gone now. I put in 6 disputes for inquiries and 2 for addressess. I hope that option will pop up again.

And yes I am really sure it was www.creditexpert.com.

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

The option is BACK!!! I checked at 9.30 am eastern time.

I think it is disabled at night and appears back during business hours.

It should be here until like 8pm.

don't dispute to many inquiries at once though.

7. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

I have done this also. Also disputed several items that were not mine. Once you get your report, click on the links at the top for items such as "Potentially Negative Items" or "Requests for you report".

Once you are in that area, click on an entry and you should get the option to dispute it.

Tom

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I know as a given that personal info like addresses and names etc. and inquiries will be deleted in about 48 hours.

If you dispute others like actuall accounts they will of course start a verification process.

But don't go overboard, they might disable this option for good if we start abusing it.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Remove experian inquiries onlin

Leo,

Your post was one valuable piece of information. Thanks a lot!

Saar

10. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Here's hoping we all get some deletions and increased FICO!!

11. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Yes...this is great because I have about 10 different addresses listed for me. I've been waiting for Junum to dispute them but they haven't yet. Also, I had a 100-word statement that I wanted deleted. This is great.

I only had one inquiry in the last 2 years so I let that they (even though with the addition of my Action card CC and that one inquiry, my score dropped 15 points :( )

12. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I was going to keep it for my self for a while, but then I learned so much from this board, I couldn't be this selfish.

I am pretty sure that personal info and inquiries get deleted. But if you dispute account info , that has to go thru the regular motions.

I have 20+ inquiries, I have succesfully removed 2 and am disputing 6 this time around. Hopefully I will be able to remove all of them ;)

13. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

does anyone know if this particular inquiry (through creditwatch) be hard or soft on experian?

14. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

All inquiries iniciated by yourself are soft. I pull a new report 3 or 4 times a day. you can see it on you newly pulled report that creditexpert is in the soft inquiry section.

15. Saar

Saar Banned

You can dispute online directly w/ Experian (w/o using CreditExpert).

Saar

16. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

were you as successful as leo in getting the disputed stuff removed (i.e. inquiries, names, etc.)?

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

How, Saar?

18. Saar

Saar Banned

https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/02_Registration.jsp

You're entitled to a free report under the usual terms. Once the report appears, use the same menu options as in CreditExpert to dispute online.

Saar

19. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Saar, where can one dispute inquiries directly with Experian online? I can't seem to find it on their site. I'm not too keen on going through creditexpert.com. I've used their services before and was almost charged that ridiculous $69.95 fee. I cancelled via e-mail but thank god I called the 30th day because no one had told me I couldn't cancel via the internet. Thanks!

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, then I'm SOL because they won't give me mine online anymore! :(