Remove previous addresses....H

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jan 31, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

How can I dispute and have my previous address removed. I was told that this is the "golden key" to getting negative stuff removed....or am I wrong??

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: Remove previous addresses.

I just did it myself. "I never lived at that address" works pretty good, but you have to be persistant is they give you a hard time. In my case, my name wasn't right either. Were the addresses more than 5 years ago? Where would they verify?

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

No not 5 yrs ago..but they did kick everyone out of the complex to remodle. All new management. Hmmm this may work. I'll start with Equifax!

Thanks so much.

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

good idea!!!

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: yup worked for me

"ADDRESS IS NOT MINE".

Simple, elegant. Get the addresses off, then go after the tradelines. Many collections will fail to verify since they dont have ur social.

6. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Just go ahead and dispute it. Give the reason: "Never lived at this address."

There is really no way they can verify it. Demanding proof from you that you didn't would be tantamount to asking you to prove a negative, which is impossible.

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I have disputed a couple addresses with all 3 cra's. I have NEVER had a problem with removal. The representatives will remove them when you call them over the phone. They never asked me any questions. I simply told them that those were not my addresses.

8. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

. . . ask and ye shall receive!! No questions asked. You have NOTHING to lose here.

-Alwilda Smith

9. arteagle

arteagle Guest

write a letter simply stating. "i've never lived at this address, please remove it from my file". All the credit bureaus removed my old address. Now, i've also heard the bureaus will keep your old address for about six months after the old address as been removed so wait about six months then dispute those old accounts again.