Removing Foreclosure Notation to Improve Credit Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 2ndGen, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 2ndGen

2ndGen New Member

In 2003, I tried my hand at investment real estate. I made major mistakes. For example, my realtor used his appraiser in the process of selling me several rental properties with the promise of providing tenants for the houses. When things got bad, I couldn't sell the homes because they were well over $20000 overvalued. I'm now searching for a way to remove those negative notations from my credit report after the house went into foreclosure. Anyone have a letter or strategy for accomplishing this feat?

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Gotta love those realtors, eh? They make a load of money for often doing nothing more than a few hours of work, and then you're left in a tough financial position after they talked you into getting in over your head.

Anyway, how many foreclosures do you have on your credit reports and how long have they been there? Unfortunately for you, the foreclosures are there because they sound like they're legitimate, so you'll likely have to deal with them for 7 years. You can begin the debt validation process and hope for a miracle, but my understanding is foreclosure judgments are very difficult to deal with unless you have some specific inaccuracies to dispute.