Removing Judgements?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CASPER72, Jul 11, 2001.

1. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I WAS WONDERING HOW IT WORKED FOR REMOVING JUDGEMENTS? DO THE CREDIT BUREAUS JUST TRY TO CONTACT THE COURT AND THEN IF THEY DONT VERIFY THE INFO IT IS TAKEN OFF OR DO THEY GO BACK TO THE COMPANY THAT THE JUDGEMENT WAS WITH AND HAVE THEM VERIFY IT? I HAVE ONE FROM SEARS AND ONE FROM BENEFICIAL THAT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO GET REMOVED.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The credit bureaus access the court database, and just verify the court record.

You would have to be the one to go to the creditor (or perhaps the court) if the court record is incorrect.

Give us a little more info, and we can help a little more.

breeze

3. Saar

Saar Banned

One way is to check whether the plaintiff agrees to file a joint motion to vacate judgment. Of course, this only applies if you intend to pay most/all of the debt.

Saar

4. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I have paid the full amount of both judgements already. They were both for the amount that I owed the company. They have been on my credit report with the last activity being 1998 for beneficial and 1997 for sears. If you need more info then just holler. thanks again for your help.

Casper72

5. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

On my credit report there is a case number but it is different that the case number on the actual legal documents? It was disputed once through NCR, came back verified. Now what?