Removing over limit fee from report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by generaldon, Dec 17, 2010.

1. generaldon

generaldon New Member

I just started using my Chase Amazon rewards card as my main card after having it for 5 years. This card carries a balance of only $1,500 while my other two are unlimited and $10,500. I set up automatic payments but went over the limit and my credit score got dinged a whopping 70 points even though I have never been late on a payment in my 13 year credit history. This card was supposed to have a cap (ie. the infamous card denied at the register) but it allowed me to go over and now I'm about to be burned since I am in the process of buying a home (post pre-approval). Is there any suggestions as to how I can get this removed from my credit report? What is the purpose of a limit if you can charge any amount on the card? This seems both deceptive and unfair. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-D

2. JMason

JMason Well-Known Member

You might want to write a letter to the cc and indicate the very things you indicated in your question to the forum. Be gentle, but firm. How long will it take for you to bring the balance under the limit? Also, how much below can you lower the balance?