removing paid judgements - help?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Apr 30, 2001.

  1. Ender

    Ender Well-Known Member

    Hi everyone,

    I have only the judgement on my Equifax report. I paid this and settled with the collection company a few months ago. I disputed as "NOT MINE", but it was verified and "updated". The only thing they updated it to now say PAID.

    Is there anything I can do to get this removed? I noticed you offered advice on this Anthony..

    Also, when I negotiated with the collection agency before I was paying, they told me to later just dispute it as not mine and they wouldn't respond. However, does the CRA really check with the original person suing or with the courts for accurate information? Any suggestions? Thanks..
  2. Erica

    Erica Well-Known Member

    I don't know anything about this topic, but it was getting towards the "back of the pack" so to speak. So I thought I'd move it to the top of the list again incase someone knows something about this topic.
  3. Ender

    Ender Well-Known Member

    bump can anyone help?
  4. Squawk1200

    Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

    The best thing to do when paying a judgment is to get the judgment holder to agree to a stipulation vacating the judgment in exchange for yoru payment. Then you can get it removed without difficulty. Because you have paid, there is little incentive for the judgment cridtor to sign such a stipulation. HOWEVER . . . you did say that they told you that they wouldn't "verify" it if you disputed it. If I were you, I would complain via letter and telephone and maybe even threaten to sue for decptive collection practices (i.e., falsely telling you to dispute it as "not mine" and they would not verify, etc.) unless they wigned a stipulation vacating it. Because it costs them nothing to sign the stipulation, they might do it to get rid of you.

    Good luck.

Share This Page