renewed judgment

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Jul 5, 2001.

  1. dave

    dave Well-Known Member

    I have an old judgment from 1990 which was renewed in 1999 and then paid in full. My Equfiax report shows the judgment as entered in 1999 (with no reference to 1990) and paid in full but it is killing my credit score--688 when I last checked. My score on Experian which doesn't report the judgment is 747.

    Anyone know if a CRA can report a renewed judgment under the FCRA? I would like to get this removed entirely from my report.
  2. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    I dunno. Where are the lawyers?

  3. Crdt Dfnse

    Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

    Yes the CRA can report a judgment renewal, in fact it could report for the life of the judgment per FCRA. Take for instance California where judgments are issued in increment of five (5) years, renewable once in a ten (10) year total span. This means a California judgment could be reported for up to ten (10) years, provided the judgment creditor renewed after the first five.

    PS: I'm not a lawyer but want to play one on TV! [;-)
  4. Lionel

    Lionel Well-Known Member

    not only can they report it, but count your blessings that at least one CRA isn't reporting it, since it is a public record.

Share This Page