Reply from CA/Please help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, May 24, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

**I tried posting this message, but it disappeared. Sorry if this is a duplicate.***

I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates in reply to my validation letter, and they said that they will request the documents from the original creditor. They went on to say this process may take up to 90 days.

What can I do at this point? BTW, the SOL on this debt will run out in October of this year. The origianal creditor is no longer reporting the debt.

Please Help!

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

If they take 90 days to get you the information then you only have a month until the SOL expires. They can't take any collection activity until they reply with the information you requested, so if I were you I'd just sit tight and let them take their time.

3. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

What type of letter did they send you? Was it the Lizard King letter? What kind of debt is it? Any details would be helpful.

4. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

I sent them a "lizard king" validation letter", and they sent me a letter of confirmation that they received it. They said they're going to get the documents to validate my debt from the original creditor, which may take up to 90 days. The debt is a credit card debt. I hope this is better info for you. Thanks for your help!