Reply from INNOVIS

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by OtherTerri, Aug 3, 2001.

1. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I wrote to Innovis to ask for my credit report and received this letter yesterday:

Innovis has received your request to update your crecit report. We are developing a credit database and currently Innovis does not provide on-line credit reports to businesses where y9ou apply for credit, insurance, or employment. We are hopeful in the near future we can be of assistance to you and provide credit reports on-line as the other repositories, Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-540-2505.

I did not ask for a credit report on-line! This made no sense to me, so I called them and thsy said they are developing a database, and not reporting my information YET. He offered to give me the phone numbers of the OTHER 3 credit bureaus so I could request a copy of my credit report.

Has anyone else received a letter? Did anyone else request a copy of their report from Innovis?

I don't think I believe them. If they did not already have a database and report info, hoe did someone her find them in the first place?

I also requested my husband's report, we'll see if he gets the same letter.

Just curious...

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CHECK BELOW...*****INNOVIS*****(IF THEY ARE DEVELOPING...WHY ARE THEY ON TRANSUNION WEB SITE?????

Marketing List Opt Out

Every day your mailbox contains another interesting offer of credit or merchandise,
    such as catalogs, vacations, or credit cards. Shopping by mail gives you numerous
    choices and opportunities. However, while millions of Americans welcome these
    choices, others prefer not to receive such mailings.

Opt-Out Contact Information
    TransUnion wants to help direct marketers give American consumers the choices
    they want. This choice includes the right to say, "No, thank you" to these direct mail
    offers. If you want your name and address removed from all mailing lists offered by
    the main consumer credit reporting agencies â?? TransUnion, Experian, Equifax, and
    ******** Innovis******** â?? call 888-5OPTOUT (888-567-8688), or write to the following address:

TransUnion LLC's Name Removal Option
    P.O. Box 97328
    Jackson, MS 39288-7328

Include the following information with your request:

First, middle, and last names (including Jr., Sr., III)
    Current address
    Previous address (if you've moved in the last six months)
    Social Security number
    Date of birth
    Signature

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The general theory is that they are not set up to handle inquiries from the public yet. If they have a fiel on you they must respond, if they do not have a file, they should say so.

However, if they do not have a file, and you wrtie them, they may create a file..........that leaves us dangling, IMHO.

I think we should just try to raise their public profile in order to put pressure on them to comply with the FCRA. They should be listed on credit websites such as this one as a CRA. They have declared themselves as such, whether they're ready or not.

Since you've already written them, why don't you send a short letter saying "Am I in your files or not?"

breeze

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I don't like that this is happening. It is enough work dealing with the three CB's we have now not to mention the cost of the monitoring services to keep tabs on their reporting. I'm ready to lobby for free monitoring. I feel if something is going on your report you should have the right to be notified of it right away. Especially for those of us who have had identity co-mingling by a bureau and have to be extra dilligent to watch that it won't happen again.

What do you think?

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I agree. But I don't think it'll fly. They're not in it for the public service - they're in it for the money.

breeze

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

You are right.

7. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Breeze, I will contact them to ask if they have a file.

Mist - I agree, it's too bad we can't force them to let us know our own personal information.

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, regardless of whether or not they are providing credit reports to the public, they are apparently providing credit reports to some or many business entities and so that makes them a credit reporting agency, like it or not.

If they didn't have all their ducks in a row before they started doing business then that's their problem, not ours. They are what they are and they have to comply with the law.

Might be that a few heavy hitting lawsuits will get them motivated, either into or out of business.
    Who cares which way they go? Not I.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I got a letter with specifics about a creditor some time back and disputed it and it was deleted! So, they went through the process with me..however, never provided a credit report.

10. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

This week, I received the same bullsh*t letter from Innovis that the original poster did. I followed up with a telephone call to them, and they merely re-stated what they said in the letter, insisting that they are just in the process of creating a database.

This is ridiculous. These folks are a credit reporting agency and repository of credit information. Period. They are required to disclose this information to us.

On Monday, I am firing off a real nasty letter to them on my law firm's letterhead. And if that doesn't work, I'll go see my former colleagues in the state (California) Legislature - you know, the ones who sponsored the legislation requiring the CRAs to reveal credit scores to individuals. I will not let this issue die.

I'll let you all know how it works out.

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Way to go - public pressure will do it!

breeze

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SINCE YOU DO THEIR WORK...ACCESS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FREE...

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I THINK...they make MOST of the money from credit card and loan companies...
    If they gave you a FREE report every other month, I don't think they would go BK...
    Many people NEVER bother until they get denied!!!

It is AMAZING that they (THE CRA'S) think they have complete and accurate reports...