Repo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by staces5, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Staces5:
    So sorry, this slipped my mind although I meant to include it in my prior postâ?¦ If you decide to counsel with a lawyer and s/he ISNâ??T clear on what Iâ??ve suggested? Post your email address and Iâ??ll send mine in reply, so that youâ??ll have some means by which to contact me for clarification(s).

I cannot impress upon you enough, however, that South Carolina law is specific and offers you a good degree of leverage (if applied properly). If youâ??re not skilled in such matters, an attorney can maximize your position â?? which (frankly) isn't all that bad considering lender limitations.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I just re-read the entire thread. All he said was that he disagreed. He did not call you names or characterize you as "saviour" or "salesman" or anything else. He just said he disagreed. That is not personal. Your comments were personal. Can you disagree without getting personal?

On this board, discussion is supposed to take place. Discussion means two adults can disagree and state their grounds and none of it is personal.

This nonsense goes way back, as I recall, and I have no idea who started it. I don't care. You can disagree without all the personal $h*t thrown in, that's all.

Act like adults. Different people come from different backgrounds, have different experiences, different things to contribute - that's what we want. And we can decide for ourselves who to listen to, what is right for our individual situation.

breeze

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I was taught:
    "The only fight you ALWAYS win, is the one you never get in."

Breeze, you rock!

-Peace, Dave

4. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

Thanks Anthony! I am going to take your advice and see a lawyer Friday! I appreciate the info

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Breeze:

Is this not a personal reference?
    Well, taken by itself, maybe so, maybe not, however one wishes to call the shot.

But it is not one single instance by a long shot. By this time, there is probably no identifiable single post that started this whole thing.

At one point or more, he has personally stated in his own words that one of his goals was to SAVE people from being victimized by posters who have little or no actual knowledge of the law and made specific references to me.

I do not mind that the net effect of his posts is to prove to me and others how stupid or ignorant I am. I already have an excellent idea how stupid and ignorant I am in comparison to him. I don't mind that almost every post he makes proves that point ever more clear.

If I am to avoid showing how ignorant I am then my only cure is to read and learn from him. If I can't do that, then I am indeed too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time.

It's not that he proves me wrong, but that he belabors the point to no end. Let him make his otherwise excellent posts as he sees fit. They will stand on their own for what they are, good - bad - indifferent, whatever and without need for reference to any other person or even their posts.

As a sort of silly example, let it be supposed that I state that a lightbulb is a darksucker and that it sucks up all the dark thereby allowing the presence of light.

Another person states that a lightbulb operates because electricity is passed through a resistive material called a filament thereby causing it to glow brightly and therby provide light.

My post was stupid and sounded that way. The other person's post was intelligent and correct and sounded that way even to those not understanding electrical theory. If it was not clear to all that I was ignorant about the subject then the better explanation provided by the second person would have illuminated that fact quite thoroughly without references made to how stupid and ignorant I am.

Do I make my point?

Am I being unreasonable to ask that he stop making personal references to others?

6. Crdt Dfnse

Hay youâ??re very welcome, itâ??s a pleasure to be of assistance. And now that youâ??ve made a sound choice, I do believe Iâ??ll suggest that this thread be closed (for obvious reasons)â?¦ Good luck and post again if you need more guidance?

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I give up.

breeze

8. Crdt Dfnse

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Totally Off Topic!

Oh, that is nice! Thanks! One of my favorite poems..

breeze