Report Changes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, May 4, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

How long does it take for the cb's to report changes? I just paid off my 2 credit cards and now I am anxious to see if this changes my scores much. I don't want to waist my money until I am fairly sure that they have reported. Does anyone know this??

Thanks
    Carrie

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I would say you need to wait for the balances to report to the bureaus. CC cos report once a month. I would wait 30 days after you paid before pulling another report to make sure they are updated.

roni

3. scelda

scelda New Member

Carrie;

It takes 30 calender days from the date they canceled your checks generally. This is administrative database updateing cycle between the creditor and the CRA.

You should recieve score enhancement increases for each of the first 3 calender months from the date the zero balance was reported to the CRA's approximately 120 days.

Paying a balance to zero does not "close" the account. If your desire is to no longer use one or both of these accounts. then you should request that these accounts be listed as closed on all of your CRA reports. They will not automatically do it .

This will create an additional small score increases for the first 3 months after the CRA's has the new report from the creditor.

Just little comment regarding MAXIMIZING score increases.

Scott