Reporting providian credit lim

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angela, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Angela

Angela Guest

Based on a thread here that I just read, I get the idea that Providian does report credit limits to the CRA's. Can anyone tell me their experience on this?

Capital One is really pissing me off by not reporting to the CRA's.

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Reporting providian credit

Providian reports the credit limits. I had to write the CRAs to get my Cap 1 limit reported.

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

agree with carrot. providian does report on mine too.

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Providian reports monthly to all 3 big bureaus. By the way, does anyone know why Cap1 doesn't report credit lines?

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

because competitors may offer you a better deal if they know what your limits are and take business away from cap1.

6. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Personally, it doesn't bother me that cap1 doesn't report credit limits. That's all I need is a $200 limit reported on my report. Besides, Their service fee put me over the limit once (kinda tough to stay under that generous $200) and I really don't need everyone to know that I was $3 over the limit.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Creditors are already 99% certain that your Capital One card has a low limit. That's the reputation Capital One has labored to establish.

8. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Yes, they do. They report regularely to all bureaus... from this point of view, they are a good company to start with