reports to Credit Bureau?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nelsonfan, Apr 25, 2001.

1. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

I have a really strange question. Has any one found an entry on their credit report from any of the three, for one of the music companies (columbia house or BMG) or book of the month clubs, when they didn't pay all their balance? My mom thinks she has reports on hers, from my brother. I thought this would be the best place to find the answer. Thanks for any help. Please tell all you know.

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: reports to Credit Bureau??

Nelsonfan,
    I didn't pay columbia house for like 2 years, and it never appeared on my reports. Had I known that, I would never have paid it.

Erica

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I also didn't pay the Literary guild for a while. I finally paid it, but it never appeared on my reports either.

Erica

4. myong

myong Active Member

I paid a late columbia house bill too. I asked if it was going to show up on my credit report, and I was told that they don't report to the cra's. I don't know about bmg or book of the month clubs.

When you say your mom "thinks she has reports on hers", What exactly do you mean?

5. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

Myong, my brother used her name to join several different clubs and they send her about 2 bills a month. She is very upset, thinking they have reported her to the credit bureau. They have been sending bills for almost 3 years, like clock work. One bill is $36.00 and the other is around $50.00. The thing is they bill you for things you never ordered or received, but were part of the agreement. Thank you all for your help. If anyone has noticed anything like this on their report. Please post your story. Thanks.

6. mirage5

mirage5 Member

They cannot report her if they do not have her social security number. Rest assured that these sorts of mail order clubs do not require social security numbers in connection with the application for membership or continued use under the program.

7. myong

myong Active Member

The only way to know for sure, is for her too check her credit report.

My columbia account was pretty late,(more than a year). I also had a couple of magazine subscriptions that were pretty late. When I called to pay, I always asked if it would show up on my credit report. The answer was always no. I haven't read anything on this board about anyone having these kind of things show up on there credit report.

If anyone has, please post.