requirements for citibank card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kyla, Oct 21, 2000.

1. kyla

kyla Active Member

I'm not sure if someone has posted this, but this is for anyone unsure on whether or not to try to apply for the citibank card. I spoke to a rep on Friday and he told me that if you have nothing derogratory for the last two years on your report, then it is more than likely that you will be approved. I hope that helps someone out there who wants to apply for the card.

Best Wishes,

Kyla

2. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: requirements for citibank

As I mentioned in a reply post below, my oldest daughter, who applied for this card had only one derogatory line on her TransUnion report from 1995. It was for a collection account from a gasoline card in the amount of $65. Although the account is not hers, I've advised her to settle the account regardless because of the small amount and because we have had no success in having it removed from her report.

While I would have guessed Citibank would have declined her application because of excessive inquiries and too many accounts opened within the last 12 months, they cited only the delinquency in their letter.

3. Barry

Barry Guest

Well I too was declined....stating a BK which is over three years old.....guess they just didnt like me because I heard here that others with BK's got the card....that's OK...I have plenty of credit cards as it is....truely didnt need another one other than wanted to transfer from the high rate sub-prime to the lower rate CitiBank...such is life!

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Oh well, Barry...PISS ON THEM! They passed up a good customer. It's THEIR loss! NEXT! :)

5. Barry

Barry Guest

Doris...you are correct....I will go without eating before I have any further credit problems....the bills get paid first...then I eat!

thanks for the support!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Barry,
    That is exactly how I feel. I just mailed out 18 bills this weekend. I am early on about everything. I too will starve before having a bad mark on my reports.

7. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Bary & Roni, I fel the exact same way. And Roni, I mailed aout 24 bills this weekend, and it will be the same next weekend.