Research Question:

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 2ndIINone, May 4, 2001.

  1. 2ndIINone

    2ndIINone Member

    Does anyone know the names of any companies that may keep these types of records listed below?

    1. If a company or person wants to confirm that Mr. Smith graduated from UCLA or NYU, what company keeps record of this? Or do they just call the schools registers department?

    2. If a company (mostly insurance companies) wants to find out if you have ever filed insurance claims with another insurance company, do they have to call the other insurance company or is there a database with this info? Also is there a database which lists who you are insured with, how long, how much and for what type of insurance?

    Thanks for any info anyone may have to share.
  2. darkdoj

    darkdoj Well-Known Member

    Those are easy questions:

    Yes - you can check the Alumi department of any college to see if that person was a graduate and type of degree.

    and Most states will allow you to check DMV records for people IF you have their permission. Some states don't even have the rule regarding permission, I might be wrong but as far as I know it's public record.
  3. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

Share This Page