"Response" from Equifax after Intent to Sue...Unbelievable yet SO not shocked

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greeneyez, Sep 11, 2016.

1. greeneyez

greeneyez Well-Known Member

I received the following response (see screengrab) from the stellar team at Equifax. All correspondence I have made to Equifax has been done via snail mail, Certified, rr, etc. My dispute was originally mailed roughly 80 days ago, and I have received NO written response. I did receive the following in my spam folder the other day from "Appladm <Equifax.Online.Notification@equifax.com>" What do you all think..sill continue with the lawsuit? Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 4.58.01 PM.png

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Looks like their typical form letter sent out to everyone beginning a dispute. I would say proceed as planned!

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Yep. It's a standard message, so at least you know that they got this one and if they were treating the previous ones as frivolous, you've successfully got their attention and kicked their frivolity off...

4. greeneyez

Here's the thing... They sent me an email like this before after my reminder that it had been over 30 days. All of my correspondence to them has been done via cert mail rr. So let's say I sue them...will their emails to me hold up to support their defense?

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Depends on what their defense is...

I would say, as long as they didn't e-mail the results; which then found their way into your spam basket, they still were in violation for not sending the results of the investigation to you in a timely manner.

6. greeneyez

This is true. And let's say this is my old email which I rarely check, what gives them the right to simply email their correspondence? I wrote them via mail. Who's to say they could just email anybody the "results," or "updates."

7. bsmith

bsmith Member

If you mailed it certified mail then you should proof of when it was sent. If you do go through with suing them then you can use that as evidence

8. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, that published news articles, including 60 Minutes, notes that you are looking at a year in any actual litigation with the CRAs (even to get to a point of settlement), you will probably be able to settle with the data furnisher earlier, but the CRAs are experts in making the process take as long as it can.