Response to the (CRA) Insider

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Insider wrote:
    "Unfortunately what you fall to realize is that we (the credit bureaus) receive
    thousands of fraud documents daily sent in by the consumer. With the advent of
    computers and scanners consumers are able to create authentic looking documents.
    It is only determined after the fact that the documents are fraud which causes an
    unbelievable amount of work and investigation."

The credit bureaus have been empowered by Congress to hold some of the most private information on people's lives. They have grossly abused that authorization. They act presuming the creditor is more likely to report the truth, an assumption that is virtually baseless. They allow collection agencies to poison people's files with frivolous inquiries. They keep some information (such as PO Box addresses) on record even after a so-called deletion. They sell others people's personal information to the highest bidder. They cooperate with the worst collection agencies when they illegally re-age past debts. They respond with FORGED investigation results, sometimes never bothering to contact the creditor in the first place. They refuse to let consumers dispute inquiries, not even when presented with concrete evidence that no "permissible purpose" existed.

I hope you can understand why you're not likely to find anyone here sharing your concerns.

Saar

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Response to the (CRA) Insi

I WAS LEFT SPEECHLESS...the first time I sent a letter from a credit card company saying that the account was closed by consumer, paid in full, and NEVER late, but the credit reporting agency refuted it's authenticity...

:(

TOO BAD THE CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES ANSWER TO NOBOBY...

3. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

RE: Response to the (CRA) Insi

Believe it or not, I have had a more difficult time having truly erroneous info deleted than legitimate info. Figure that one out . . .

-Alwilda Smith