Response to validation letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Aug 31, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I sent validation letters to both the original creditor and the collection agency. This was after I found the entry on my report and sent a demand for removal to the collection agency. The ca called me and told me they wouldn't validate anything until it was paid. So I sent the letters to both. The original creditor responded today with a computer generated printout showing my name, address and the services rendered and the date. They provided nothing showing my signature. So I immediately sent them another letter telling them they have yet to provide substantial proof that the debt is mine. I honestly don't know what this if for. I did a search at http://www.westerncapitalcredit.com/tools.html
    the link Hal provided and was quite shocked to find someone else in my city with the exact same name as mine and it is not a common name. I wonder if they just pulled my name and address from the phone book and pinned this on me. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this hospital can provide a signature.