Retail Card Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desdemona, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Here's my dumb question for the day. Now that my Wards card is official closed, does my FCNB/Newport News/Eddie Bauer/Spegiels card count as my one and only retail card?

One of my credit reports lists it as retail, but the other two list it as revolving.

Told you it was a dumb question.

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Desdemona,

No question is a dumb question. The primary focus should be on timely payments, staying within your assigned credit limit, and balance/high credit ratio. The type of account (installment, revolving,etc.) should not be any more important than timely payments and staying within your credit limit.

Sean

3. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Desdemona,

I would be celebrating the fact that monkey wards is closed...one less payment to make.

Sean

4. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

I only asked cuz I read these two post. I had a low limit $350.00 and only used it when I need something quickly (like when the old roommate blew up my microwave or when my bother riped my sofabed.) It was my oldest "paid as agreed" account. That's all.

Author: dave (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
    Date: 03-11-01 20:43

That's true Ron but having one retail card is supposed to increase your credit score. That would be the only reason to have the card that I can think of.

Author: Ron (---.satx.rr.com)
    Date: 03-12-01 00:27

That's true,Dave. For example, I'm having JcPenney card and used it monthly. I t helps me to get more good credit cards offers.