Retail Card w/Ch7

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Fatman Jak, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Fatman Jak

Fatman Jak Guest

Anyone know of a retail card that you can get with Chapter 7. I am 5 years out. Got a $10,000 in unsecured Subprime cards. I'm about to do the secured installment loan from a bank thing but I also need a Retail card. I live in then ATLANTA area. Thanks.

2. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

Macy's is pretty easy but they might start you with 100 limit.You can apply online or at the store and get instantapproval.

3. Fatman Jak

Fatman Jak Guest

Once you know anyone with a Chap7 with Macy's. $100 would be fine! Just need the "RETAIL" card.

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Macy's pulls from which CRA?

Thanking in advance! :eek:)

5. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

6. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

I Think they will consider you based on your post BK history but it might be worth a phone call first to their credit dept.

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

When I called to beg them to open my account back up, they looked at my Equifax report. If they would of pulled Trans Union or Experian, I would of been DUST because of that judgment on my reports. I live in CA.

8. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Oh well,

I can't do anything until that Judgement comes off of Equifax. I just moved from NYC to ATL. Just can't seem to escape the Equifax world. :eek:(

9. Fatman Jak

Fatman Jak Guest

Re: Oh well,

Mp40,
    What was the situation causeing you to "beg" to open the account back up? I'm just trying to check the feasibility of applying.

Once,
    Thanks. My post bankruptcy is flawless. TU is my best report. Equifax, then Experian. It seems I use to live in the Experian zone. Hmmmm

10. FatmanJake

FatmanJake Guest

I "just" got Target!

I applied for Target 1 hour ago. I got it!
    Here's the Full 411 so you can get an idea how they work. They ask for the personal information. They ask for a credit reference. Theres a dropdown menu with MC/VISA/AMEX/ETC. Then it asks for your account number. I think they look at this account. The account I used was a (subprime) Visa with 6K.

I feel like the man right now!! Target is even in my city. I've been there twice they have decent stuff. Kmart and Walmart are much much closer.. But I'll start giving target my bussiness if I use the card or not!

I hope they report now!

11. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: I "just" got Tar

I think the reason they ask for a credit reference and account number is to make sure there's a match on your credit report so that they can verify it's really you applying for credit and not just someone with your SS#. That's what I was told by "Nextcard" after I applied for their card online and was turned down.

The banks don't make a decision on just one account you give them (unfortunately!), they go by your total credit score. If you're 5 years out of BK with flawless credit since then, your score is probably in the low to mid 600's (I assume) which is high enough for them. I was recently approved for the Target card as well (no BK, but some other baddies in my report) and used it today ;)

12. FatmanJake

FatmanJake Guest

MVFL who does target Report to?

13. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Usually, they pull your Experian report when you apply but I'm pretty sure they will report your account to all 3 CRA's.