Retail Cards?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eric y, Nov 11, 2000.

1. eric y

eric y Guest

I would like to pick up a retail card in order to improve my score. Have two fairly new (3 month old) CC accounts, paid as agreed, and a couple 6 yr old charge off's.

For the credit challenged, such as myself, what would be the best bet for a retail card? I've seen some talk on here about Target being relatively "easy" to get?

Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what, target denied me, twice, in the past 6 months, for bad/deliq credit, aria approved me at the 6month point.

just fyi on target.

btw, the $99 for $500 capitalone is the best bang for buck if you don't have it. their secured product. Doesnt report as secured last time i checked.

3. eric y

eric y Guest

Jeez,

Other people really are up at this hour on a Saturday huh?

Thanks for info Sam.

And by the way, yes, do have Cap 1 unsecured for $500, just received a few months ago. Also Prov with $500 about 4 months ago.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

We'll just coming from similar background. i've got denied from just about anything online even DMB, ASPIRE, CCB. I did get the citibank AAdvantage MYSTERIOUSLY,(im not going there) recently.

Until i got that card, i figure i should just wait it out and aria would give me limit increases. IF you ask around, Prov gives the fastest credit growth path.

Don't expect many of the "store" cards to consider anything less than "no credit". I've got a whole list of inquiries on my file if you'd like to look at them. Besides, when you think about it they are all like 21% your capitalone is better than that!

After 8 months at cap 1 i have 800+300$ line plus just got a KRAD KMART pre-approval in the mail from capitalone. If i wasn't a promoter of Krad stuff et all i'd pass but this KMART mastercard makes we warm and fuzzy inside (no i dont shop there, its an old Thing us old hackers find amusing from the g-phile days).

Cap 1 gives credit line increases EVERY six months on the exact date, call them up. I got one at 2 months , then 6 months thereafter to the day (yes i counted).