Retail Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jean1221, May 5, 2001.

1. jean1221

jean1221 Well-Known Member

I have had a Capital One card about a month now, no other credit at all. What is an easy retail card to get? Anyone had any luck with such limited credit?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

retail cards are pretty easy to get as long as you dont have any negative credit and your score is decent. You didnt mention any negatives so I would assume you have just limited credit with the capital one card.

I would suggest Macy's. Online application is available and they are pretty fair. I got Victoria Secret and Target and speigel, so I can suggest those also.

roni

3. heyryan

heyryan Member

I just got a JCPenney card with a $300 limit. I have some negatives from a couple years back, but also several current positives.

Apply in the store, get instant approval, and then you get 10% off that day, and another 10% off your first purchase when your card comes.

Good luck!
    :) ryan

ps-- quick tip: don't go overboard on retail cards. 1 or 2 will give you the best score down the road :9

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I recommend JCPenney's too. That was my first credit card.

Kelly

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

jean,
    JCPenney was the first credit card that I got three years ago when I had four charge-off accounts on my credit reports. They approved me $300 and I got increased from time to time. Now I get $4000 credit limit. They pulled credit from Equifax. I think they will give you a chance even you have no credit or bad credit.

Ron

6. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

Try Target! You can apply online and use the card before it arrives in the mail. Try this link: http://target.com/ic/ and click on Apply Online. I hope this helps.

CardKid