Returning credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cecilia, Jul 6, 2000.

1. Cecilia

Cecilia Guest

I applied for instant approval for an aria visa and got the persona card. After careful consideration, I don't want it, but unfortunately it's already on its way. How would I go about returning a credit card I don't want? Do I have to pay the annual fee regardless? If so, I might as well keep it then, no? Thanks for any help

2. Betty

Betty Guest

If you cancel the card before it's first use you should be able to avoid the annual fee. Read the information on your discloser and check carefully. Since it's already on it's way I'd use it . Account closures can adversedly effect your credit sometimes. Then if your not satisfied cancel before renewal.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I believe they have a guarantee policy, so if you decide not to use it, call them , and also send a letter confirming your choice to cancel. That should do it,

4. Stormie

Stormie Guest

No you shouldn't have to pay any fee until you actually use it. If your having second thoughts I'd contact the merchant and tell them. Perhaps they'll be willing to accomadate you, such as upgrade to another card type or lower your APR it's worth a shot since you already have the inquiry on your credit history.