Reversing Charge Offs??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CASPER72, Jul 25, 2001.

1. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I WAS CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS TRIED TO GET A CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT REOPENED AND IF THEY HAVE HAD THEY HAD ANY SUCCESS? I HAVE A DILLARD'S CARD THAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE REOPENED. THEY HAVE CHARGED IT OFF BUT NEVER SOLD IT TO ANYONE AND NEVER REALLY TRIED TO COLLECT IT.

CASPER72

YOUR FRIENDLY GHOST TILL YA PISS ME OFF!!! LOL

2. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

bump.

I am also interested in hearing from the board gurus on this.

3. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

I doubt if you can get a charged-off account reopened (assuming you mean with the same acct #),as it would be an internal accounting mess with the creditor

They probably will let you open another account, though.

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I had a Montgomery Ward card reopened. They ate the debt and then reopened the account with a $1000 higer credit limit than the old account had on it in the first place. This was years ago, back in 1973 or maybe 1974.

Took an act of the Federal government to force them to do it, but if they didn't do something like that they were going to get every Montgomery Ward's phone in the entire U.S. cut off because one of their collection account reps from Shawnee Mission had used a lot of foul language over the phone and I had taped her dong it. When I played all those nasty words she used on me back to the Federal Communications Commission officer, he wasn't too happy with Montgomery Wards for using obscene language over a telephone line. He didn't give them much time to make amends either.

LOL