Risk Management Alternatives

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, May 25, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I received results from my Equifax Credit Report. Junum had 4 additional accounts removed. I glanced over the inquiries and noticed an Inquiry from Risk Mangement Alternatives. I did a little research. I knew most of the collection accounts I had were past the SOL in PA. I figured if someone would try to come after me for something I would send a cease and desist letter, and validation.

I went to their website. I noticed they're gobbling up collection agencies. They purchased Equifax Risk Management Services, and National Revenue Corporation.

Well, I have 2 old accounts. One with each of the collection agencies. One is past the sol and another isn't. One account was in collections 1998. Keeping in mind the sol in PA is 4 years, I am a little nervous. I have spent several years working on my credit reports. In 3 years I have gone from 472 beacon to 655. I am almost out of sub-prime hell.

Here is my problem, do I write equifax and demand removal of the inquiry? Do I write Risk Management Alternatives to demand they remove the inquiry, to have another collection account show up out of nowhere? Either way one account was from 1995 (which the sol in PA has expired) and one from 1998 (sol would be 2002). I highly doubt after all this time they would be able to validate the account.

We all know how collection companies are with paperwork ect. Maybe I am concerned for nothing. The inquiry has me a little jumpy.

any and all suggestion/help is appreciated!

fyi check out www.rmainc.net very interesting information.

2. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

The Cra will not remove it unless they get permission from RMA. Disputing it will probably do nothing. Is it a hard inquiry? Or a soft hit?

3. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Its a hard inquiry.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

from your wording terry, it sound like these debts are not on your credit report. Is that right? If they put and inquiry on your report especially risk management they may send you a letter asking you to pay. I paid my equifax risk management debt BEFORE it reached my credit report. It was for an old cable bill. I didnt want a few bucks to hurt my credit while I was repairing. That inquiry may very well be a warning.

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

If this isn't on your report yet, you may want to strongly consider what Roni says.

RMA has an MCI collection that was purchased by them/inserted by them in March of 2000. I wasn't into credit repair then, so I didn't find out about it until October of 2000 when they sent me a letter.

Of course, I would want to know what it is prior to paying it. Would this be a case of your SOL coll acct being shopped around because it had been returned to the original creditor?

This is one collection agency I have had little or no luck with. The SOL for mine is up in October.