```RMA Merger to Equifax````

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tea, Jul 18, 2002.

1. tea

tea Well-Known Member

I am looking for the link with the article about the RMA merger to Equifax

2. nugentk2

nugentk2 Well-Known Member

3. backspace

backspace Well-Known Member

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nnnnnoooo! Equifax sold their collection services company to RMA, and then the RMA and Equifax Credit Serivces set up a contract for Equifax Credit Services to provide the credit reports.

5. rblues

rblues Well-Known Member

GEEZ as if RMA isn't bad enough by themselves!!!

6. creditman

creditman Well-Known Member

what's worse is Equifax sold its check service division to certegy. Guess who are the board of directors for certegy? the people from equifax board of directors. I got a nice lawsuit against EQUIFAX AND CERTEGY right now

7. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Thx for finding that for me, Thx.

8. backspace

backspace Well-Known Member

This is really messed up, almost like insider trader....

9. ljones4521

ljones4521 Well-Known Member

I don't understand what this informatoin means. Please explain it's significance. Why are you suing them?

Thanks

10. creditman

creditman Well-Known Member

Well, Equifax stuck a check on my report. I paid it June 2001. They never updated it. It is still listed as unpaid, plus it is in chexsystems. I have sent them copies of the money order that they cashed via fax, email, and usps. They will not update. At the end of the year, Certegy bought ECS. I have disputed with both ECS and Certegy. As of today, my report still has a 67.00 uncollectable check on it. Last week I filed BBB, AG, and FTC complaints.

I always loved how a company can sell part of its business, but still have control of it.