RMA Victory...finally!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Finally....

Just got off the phone w/ Equifax. The RMA trade is GONE from my reports! So that means that after 15 months of credit repair my Equifax report which was RAPED OVER is now left with 1 negative, that DAMN Ford Credit paid chargeoff which has an I9 rating! :-(
    I'm not going to mess with that anymore until next year. At that point, I'll start to write the "Hey...I never paid this late, please fix this" letters. Unless anyone has any other suggestions???

I'm not too concerned about Experian and TU right now. Only other product I want is Am/Ex and they check Equifax. Once I get them, then I'm totally done and don't need any credit. No plans of buying a house or car for at LEAST 2 more years....by that time, any adverse things will have fell off. Looks like I'm in good shape. I'll see about pulling my score later on when I get home.

I can't thank you all enough! :-D

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You might want to play the "holiday" gig and send the dispute in mid December for timing!

GOOD FOR YOU! And you did it all yourself?

3. Cadillac408

Still thinking about the Holiday dispute plan. Still might put that in effect. We'll see...

I did hire Junum for a hot minute (three rounds...Nov 00 - Feb 01) but the rest I did on my own. Junum really is only good for 3 rounds max. After that, you need to move on to a different method.

4. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Congrats girl :) I knew from our chats you'd nail them by the b!alls ;)

Steph

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!!!!

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats! MP , Job well done!

Cypri:)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It's about time MP, way to go. Now do tell when you find out your clean score:)

8. Cadillac408

Ready for the score?

Just pulled my score and it's:

650!

I can't believe it. They listed codes 39, 10, 14, 8

Guess I better pay some stuff down and quit applying.

Also, I noticed that my auto loan with the rapists over at Fireside is now reporting $0 closed at consumer's request! I'm sure that helped. My new auto loan w/ the CU hasn't reported yet.

9. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: Ready for the score?

Great Job!!!!!

10. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

First of all, CONGRATS!!!!

OK, on to Ford Credit. It sounds like you had a bad experience with them but I assure you they do have some really good people there. I have had very good service from them over the years.

If I were you, I would go to the website www.fordcredit.com and email customer service. The reps that answer the emails have authority to report the loan as they see fit- I have personally been able to take advantage of this myself. Just write a nice email explaining 'the situation' (or situation of your choice) and that the account was paid...the only negative on your report and 'it's more a matter of principle for you then anything else...yadda yadda. I KNOW you can at least get that I9 changed to zero balance-not-rated. That will be a big step forward. Let that sit a bit then try for more.

This is from my experience with Ford- not my experience with Credit Repair (of which I have little). I know how Ford works and they will work with you if go about it from a 'soft' 'please' kind of approach instead of an 'I Demand...' (not saying you did, just telling you how they are).

I know you can do it!

Shawn

11. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Way to go. Congrats on your score. Don't give up on Ford. Keep after them - you CAN get it done.

12. Cadillac408

Shawn! Help!!!!

Hey Shawn.....that's a great idea! I would like to try it but need help to write a "humble pie" letter (as I call it). Just for the record: I was not late as many times as they say and have the financial records to prove it. 19 times 30-days late? Come one now!!!! I've disputed it when the lates were listed as like 22 times and it came back down to 19 (keep in mind this was on a 48 month loan). Whatever...at any rate, I'm willing to do whatever.

Thanks for your help!

MP$40

13. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Re: Shawn! Help!!!!

Here's a BIG question? Was there a co-buyer? If so, you are in good shape, if not, I'll have to get some more info.

Reason being...Ford is very helpful in a co-buyer situation, especially if you made the payments with checks in your name. I'll explain more later....

Shawn

14. Cadillac408

Re: Shawn! Help!!!!

Email me Shawn.....