Robinsons-May credit limit increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, May 25, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Robinsons-May was 1 of 2 credit accounts that survived my BK discharged in Feb. '99. Macy's was the other. The Robinsons account had a $600 limit at the time of discharge.

Today, I called and requested an increase without a hard inquiry. The rep informed me that my limit is acctually $1,200 as I received a$600 increase a year ago without being aware of it. Today the rep increased me to $1,800 without a hard inquiry. He said that if I needed more the hard inquiry would be necessary.

He also reminded me that I have a 2nd account with them for large furniture type purchases and let me know that should I choose to use the account a credit increase could be obtained immediately.

This was excellent customer service.

BTW, I used the $600 account every month from Nov. 98 to Feb '01 to rebuild credit. Some months I just paid $5 on the account. In March and April, I let the account rest. I made a purchase yesterday in preparation for todays credit limit increase.

Macy's is next for a credit limit increase request.

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Good job, Jim.

Macy's should be easy, especially if their credit dept. is anything like their sister-store, Rich's. Rich's always gives me a huge CL increase after they pull a AR inquiry on my report.

I got 3 increase in 6 months with Rich's by following their AR status.

Hope you get what you want,

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Marci,

You are right. Macy's proved easy today. $900 increase with no hard inquiry.

I have to mention that for about a year after I filed for Bk, both Robinson's and Macy's did AR's on me regularly. I was privately concerned that both companies might cancel the accounts. I haven't seen an AR for a while now.