Roni, I used that site you sug

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I went and used it, my rating was 40, poor/fair. It stated my weakness was the length of my credit history,my oldest account is 2 years 7 months, my one 30 day late and my balances on my accounts, which I knew.
    My strong points were my 11 accounts, that has me confused and my perfect payment history on my accounts. thanks that was interesting.

2. mike f

mike f Guest

RE: Roni, I used that site you

what site was that

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

www.123creditreports.com

4. David

David Well-Known Member

Is it a hard inquiry??

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Don't think so, I pulled my own experian report??

6. David

David Well-Known Member

Probably like QSpace: the single report is a soft inquiry, the merged 3-in-1 is a hard to each report (I believe).

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes this was my single report from experian.

8. David

David Well-Known Member

Momof3-

I did the report, as did my father. I got a 60, he got a 72. My reasons were: oldest account 10 months, 7 days old, 6 inquiries in the last 6 months, 31% of credit utilized (too bad they don't know it's paid in full each month...) My score wasn't bad.

My dad's reasons for not having a higher score: #1- oldest credit line was ONLY 21 years, 5 months old. I guess 30+ years is optimal. And so on (though no inquiries in past 6 months.)

I thought I'd share the length of credit history, as that may be a concern of others on the board, as well.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing David:)

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Momof3 & others, I am glad

Mine also said that having 11 accounts was helping. That statement goes against what we have read here, but I was thinking that maybe it means it gives a high # of positive accounts. Like the lesser of two evils if you have bad accounts. just a thought. I am glad you liked it. You dont have to order your report. You can just purchase the 3.95 credit profiler alone.

11. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: Momof3 & others, I am

Really? That's good to know. I want to see how not having ZERO balances on all accounts changes the score. Probably will say, "You don't owe anything to creditors. That's a bad thing because you have access to 100% of your revolving limit.."

What was your profiler score, Roni?

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Momof3 & others, I am

13. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mom,

If I remember correctly, you've written that the 30 day late was from an unpaid annual membership fee on an account that you closed. Have you tried to contact the company to have that removed? Most companies will if that's the only debit on the account.

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes I have called them several times and they always assure me they will, but haven't yet. I wrote another letter today as a matter of fact and I am sending it out tomorrow by certified mail. Wish me luck again

Mom

15. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Have you tried requesting a supervisor? With the issuer I work for, any rep can submit the request, but if you speak with supervisor, they can type a letter, have it faxed to you, and send the request to clear your cbr. If you can do this, maybe you can send the letter to the credit bureaus along with your request. Tell the supervisor that you've called many times and that you are applying for a mortgage.

Hope that helps- Good luck to you!!

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lena, I am going to request a supervisor with my next call.