Roni - one more thing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Irish Diva, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

I looked at my card when I typed the message in yesterday and it says "world" under the hologram, and gold level at the middle left side of the card. I followed one of the original links you posted a few months ago (October, November?) and ended up with that card. That's the one I refered to when I mentioned what the screen said after applying for the silver level card (we'll get back to you, etc.) and within a week I had the gold level one. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! I'll post a message when I receive a response.

that's why I applied for the silver level, since I already had the gold level world card (AAdvantage).

Hope this message makes sense; the caffine hasn't kicked in yet!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I Was not aware that the world card came in a gold form. Any card with world in it is a hard card to get. If you got that card, you should get the silver classic. The words silver or classic arenot used at the site. They just list the cards as Advantage mastercard (silver) Advantage Gold mastercard (gold) or Advantage World Mastercard( hard one)..

roni

Irish Diva wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I looked at my card when I typed the message in yesterday and it says "world" under the hologram, and gold level at the middle left side of the card. I followed one of the original links you posted a few months ago (October, November?) and ended up with that card. That's the one I refered to when I mentioned what the screen said after applying for the silver level card (we'll get back to you, etc.) and within a week I had the gold level one. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! I'll post a message when I receive a response.

that's why I applied for the silver level, since I already had the gold level world card (AAdvantage).

Hope this message makes sense; the caffine hasn't kicked in yet!

3. Russ

Russ Guest

There is a plat and gold WORLD citi card.. they are not that hard to get (if you can get a plat select you can get the world card).

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/worldcard/apchoose_world.htm

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Also...

Also: Citi® Platinum Select AAdvantage® World
    MasterCard® and
    Citi® Gold AAdvantage® World MasterCard®

Really very Confuse!!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Let me clarify. I didnot get approved for a plat. I upgraded to it. This is really too involved to reexplain. Thanks for your input though.

roni

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks you Saar.

roni

Saar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Actually, Citibank's product names are misleading.

The Visa Signature is the highest in Visa hierarchy. Attaching the titles "gold" or "platinum" to a Visa Signature is meaningless, since a Signature is better than both:
    http://www.visa.com/pd/consumer/us/main.html

Same goes for Mastercard (MC). The World MC is the highest in MC hierarchy, regardless of the card's color:
    http://www.mastercard.com/ourcards/consumer

Saar