Roni- others..denied by househ

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony V., Nov 25, 2000.

1. Tony V.

Tony V. Guest

do you know if you have only a few inquires the past few months and one New Inquire from Household for a Auto loan, is this gonna make it more difficult to get approved for a loan from another bank??? my credit is no negatives or anything like that, just lack of major buys im asumming the reason for denial...credit lines i have as of now....
    *Providian (classic) 2/99 $1400 @16.9%
    *Chase (gold) 10/00 $5000 @ +11.55% & prime
    *Citibank (Plat.select) %5000 @ 17.4%

2. Eva

Eva Guest

RE: Roni- others..denied by ho

I got denied two days ago. I don't understand why because back in feb 00, when I bought my car, I had a pre-approval from them but I opted for another bank. And now, my credit is better and I got denied. That really pissed me off.

3. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

did you except the offer from the other bank, and did you recieve your denial on line.

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Tony,

I was in a MUCH worse credit situation than you, but was approved by Household. However, I did not apply on-line. It was through an auto dealer. Yes, I know that this is not a great idea, but I was in a situation where I really needed a car. I put down $1500 and also had a trade-in, which might have made a difference.

Cheers,
    Cindy

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

To: Tony V. I dont understand

I have read your post 3 times now and I dont understand your question. But let me add this info. When I applied for a autoloan thru creditland they referred me to household bank which took my application and approved it the next day. I didnot apply online directly with household but later I found their website. I was approved for this loan on June. My credit score was on average 620'ish. I had many paid collections on my credit report from 1999, paid in 4/2000. I was turned down by capital one auto finance, and lendingtree. I was pleased to receive financing from household. It was easy. Also the same dealer who was trying to sell me a car told me that I would have to put down a down payment. But I already had financing and avoided all the dealer bullsh*t from the start. Now If you have a question please rephrase. And as you know I got Citibank and Chase in August so i dont see how having a inquiry from household held me back from getting anything. I also have providian, orchard, first premier and the whole subprime lineup. Ok now, what is your question again?

roni.

Tony V. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    do you know if you have only a few inquires the past few months and one New Inquire from Household for a Auto loan, is this gonna make it more difficult to get approved for a loan from another bank??? my credit is no negatives or anything like that, just lack of major buys im asumming the reason for denial...credit lines i have as of now....
    *Providian (classic) 2/99 $1400 @16.9%
    *Chase (gold) 10/00 $5000 @ +11.55% & prime
    *Citibank (Plat.select) %5000 @ 17.4%

6. Tony V.

Tony V. Guest

RE: To: Tony V. I dont unders

Roni, Since i have have new inquires from the past few months, when i apply to another car lender for a loan are theses inquires gonna hurt me to get approved......thanks....

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I'm actually suprised you were denied. I would doubt that it was based on your credit history, unless you have gobs of recent inquiries or very high credit card balances.

Don't forget, lenders look especially at stability and income stream when making a decision for an auto loan. So if you haven't been at your job or present address for several years, that may hurt you.

Also, if you have substantial other debt compared to your income, and a new auto note wouldn't be feasible with your budget/income, the lender may deny. Credit history isn't everything...

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

of course the inquiries will lower your score. But inquiries made within 2 week of each other for auto buying are suppose to count as one inquiry. But who knows.

roni.