roni,others - how long between

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Dec 2, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I know i might be crazy, but after switching my card to platinum select, im going to apply for another AA advantage, just for the heck of it.

I've applied twice already,

whats the citibank policy on applying the third time, wait 30,60,90 days? I don't want
    to get their automatic decline.

No i don't really need the credit, but i'm still dumbfounded how they approved me.

Happy holidays folks! keep up the great posts..

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: roni,others - how long bet

Why would you want multiple cards from the same bank?
    Credit cards are expensive. One way to reduce their cost, is to take advantage of balance transfers, but most cards will not let you balance transfer within the same company. I have 4 Chase accounts, so it is a good thing I have 14 other accounts from different lenders to move the money around.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. credit wis

credit wis Guest

RE: roni,others - how long bet

I agree with creditworks.You need to have several different banks.No kiting is allowed on credit card accounts.Also make sure that some cards are not connected to the same bank.For an example CITIBANK,and AT&T UNIVERSAL.These two are owned by citibank,and therefore can't transfer balances between these 2.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

SAm

You can only apply for 2 in a 60 day period:)

Mom

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: SAm

thanks. thats all i needed.

not sure what the kiting was about. I dont do balance transfers, well, cause i dont have any balances :)

i transfer my balance from my checking account to the credit card??

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

60 days.

No more than 2 applications in 60 days. You will get an automatic denial. Wait the 60 days. What card are you thinking of applying for? Did you read my post about Chase? Why not try them now while you are waiting.
    I cant remember if you have that card already.

roni

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Try answering a persons questi

Listen, your advise is welcomed. But what you have to realize is that everyones situation is different. Some of us are trying to build credit accounts. And we are looking for longevity. We are also trying to wing ourselves from the high interest rate, high annual fee subprime cards that we have been limited to due to our past credit problems. Also, not everyone carries high balances. I sure dont. I use credit cards only to increase my credit score. I ensure that by keeping my balances low and therefore helping my ratios. If Sam wants another AA citibank card. So be it. I have 2 cards with them and I plan to combine the accounts. Since I have been turned down by every prime lender except Chase and Citibank I plan to obtain 1-2 good cards with them both and then close all my other accounts which charge high fees. They also make me feel better carrying these cards. Also the customer service is excellent. My point is this, credit card debt is something some of us are trying to avoid. We dont want anymore credit problems. But we also realize we need to establish some strong tradelines in order to qualify for the finer things we want when this 7 year hell is over. Get my point. I hope you dont take offense. But I needed to get this off my chest. Credit is your business. I understand your point. But that was not SAm's question at all. Luv ya.

roni.

8. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: Try answering a persons qu

Roni, I am not sure that was directed at me, but if it was, no problem. Credit is our business and we know how to handle it. We do not force anyone to listen to our methods. It was just a thought. I understand most posters on this board are recovering creditholics. They should be very careful with their finances.

http://www.creditsense.com

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: 60 days.

Thanks. thats all i noted. I'm going to get another card from them after a few months.

10. mal

mal Guest

RE: 60 days.

I think creditworks gave great advice. If a person has 11k in bad debt and other negatives, they should be very careful while establishing new credit. I had a ch13 bk in 92 but now have very good credit and the only cards I have are citi,amex and discover which is all I need.