Roni: Student Loan ???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Roni,

I hope that you can help me. First let me say, I feel for your situation. I have spent countless hours on this and other boards reading about you. Now I know that I'm not alone.

Now, for the juicy stuff:

Experian is listing 2 SL accounts as:

Fleet Bank NY/AFSA... Claim filed w/ gov't. Past due 180 days. Balance=$500 past due.
    US Dept of ED/FISL/ATL... Paid Collection acct. Recent Balance=N/A.

Equifax is listing the US Dept of ED acct as collection acct. Balance=$0.

Trans Union is listing the US Dept of ED acct as placed for collection. Balance=$0
    NYST Higher ED as a paid collection.
    AND another (meaning same) US Dept of ED acct as closed. Balance =$0.

My question is, I consolidated all of these accounts in 8/1999, can I dispute these as not mine, never late, etc.?
    Do you think that they will come off?

Any help is appreciated.

Erica

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Erica!

I think you certainly can get them off. As I have said 1 million times already, I had many of my defaults deleted by dispute. I simply used "not mine" and "never late".

As you know, each sl is reported once by the original creditor and once by the guarantor of the loan. I started with in detail at Experian (12 guarantor entries, 2 original creditor entries and 11 60days late entries), Transunion (12 guarantor entries, 2 original creditor entries and 11 60day's lates) and Equifax(my favorite: 12 guarantor entries, 3 original creditor entries, 11 60 days lates).

After disputing twice independently and once thru junum, I now have
    Experian: 2 original creditor entries(citibank is tough)
    Transunion: 2 original creditor(citibank) and 3 original creditors ( I havenot disputed this yet but will immediatlely)
    Equifax: 2 original creditor entries

So, I got everyone off but Citibank. Now, I'm tired.
    So, You do the math. In just a few months because the lenders did not respond to disputes I had a whole lot of stuff removed.

Of course it is possible girl. Yours may not go as well as mine, but it is possible w/time. Who is your guarantor? Maybe some other posters can share their experiences with certain guarantor agencies. My agency was USA FUNDS.

Roni

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

RONI!!!

First, let me say, IGNORE THE ABOVE POST!!! Bobby is back.

Second, I'm not sure who the guarantor is, I think that it is US DEPT OF ED directly. I had the same problem as you with the accounts appearing multiple times. A $2000 loan looked like $40,000 in loans. The CRA happily deleted those over the phone over a year age, but now I have other requests into them right now, so I cannot dispute until I get those taken care of.

I should dispute them as not mine and never late?

Thanks for all of your help.

Erica

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: RONI!!!

Hon,
    You have to know who the guarantor is. That is very important. The guarantor is the company that bought the loan when you FIRST defaulted. From your first post it appear the guarantor is NYSDhigher ED. Dept of Ed? that might be tougher. They would more than likely verify. An independent money-making agency could care less about you now that the consolidator has paid them off. But of course try. You must dispute them as not yours. Try that first. Then dispute the dates on the second attempt if necessary.

I have a question if you dont mind. Who are you paying now? or are they deferred?

roni

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

do you have anything of a positive note to add or are you just going to continue to be completely useless to the world?

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

The NYS Higher Ed loan was originally thru Fleet bank, However when it appeared as both, I had Fleet deleted. The US DEPT of ED consolidation is thru...all I can find in my paperwork is William D Ford Stafford Loans Program. That's it. The loan that is not consolidated is thru...the same people as the consolidation.

The loans are currently in a deferred status as I am a full-time student.

Erica

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am tired of him lieing about me. I pay my bills and student loans you moron. I have never even missed a payment. Jackass. Stop talking about what you dont know. Fool.

I know that 's not nice guys. But I am sick of this silly critter.

I still luv everyone else.

roni

8. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

LKH and SLIM

I'm flattered that he/she would take the time to read my posts. From what I hear Slim/Bobby/WHOMEVER is pretty selective. Now, if only we can get him to provide useful information.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Erica

I hope that was sarcasm. If not, I am wondering why I bothered to answer your post. USdept of ed WDF is your consolidator. It is also mine. I still cant figure out who your guarantor was. MAybe you got lucky and they didnot report it.

Good Luck with disputes

roni

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

LKH

I do not think that you are he. I am sorry for anything that my post implied.

Roni,

None of my paperwork has a guarantor on it. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I no longer have to sign promissory notes for my loans. A twist maybe?

Erica

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: LKH

Now that is interesting. YOU would only get a letter from a guarantor telling you that your loan defaulted. I have another question ERica. Did your loans default while you were in school full time?

roni

12. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The DOLA for the Fleet acct (EXP) is 8/97. For the consolidated USDEPT ED acct (EXP) 8/99 [the same month of the consolidation.

Equifax has the DOLA for the US sl acct as 5/1997.

TU:US Dept of ed Closed in 5/1997
    NYS Higher ed Closed in 9/99 [month after consolidation]
    2ndUS Dept of ed Closed in 1/98.

If I remember correctly, those dated coincide with a period in my life that I do not wish to recall, however I believe that I should not have been in deferred status.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok, with that information, it sounds like the loan defaulted in 1997 (both loans). Then the fleet loan was sold to the Dept of ed 1998. The guarantor NYShigher purchased it when defaulted and closed it when consolidated in 1999.

Does this make since? Your guarantor is NYShigher education. They are on the list of national sl guarantors anyway but I wanted to make sure. You should dispute with them first.

Get that off and then start on the dept of ed accounts. Dept of ed is a long shot so start with the easiest first so cb is suspicious. I think that is a good plan.

I got all my guarantors off (except transunion b/c I havenot tried yet). Go for it. and good luck!

You might ask why I am asking you all this. Well, if you run into trouble or the runaround by the cb's it is helpful to know all this info inorder to shoot the bull back at them if necessary. LEt me know how it goes.

roni

14. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Roni,
    Thank you for all of your help. I'll be sure to post the outcome, whenever that may be.

Erica

15. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Never dispute anything!

Never dispute anything on your credit reports.Don't do that, don't go there! Always use very specific legal language demanding that they validate the listing, not verify it.

Here is why.
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings, and if you dispute and they come back claiming they verified the report, the fat lady just got done singing. If you don't ever dispute, the fat lady never gets a chance to get done singing before you slap her up side the head with the next phase, and that can end up with you having valid grounds to sue them in US Federal District Court for violation of your civil rights under the 5th Amendment, two or more counts. When you sue, you demand that the jury be instructed acording to the rule of ultra veries which is a well established set of legal instructions on how the jury shall award damages. That rule gives the jury a formula they follow to determine damages and that rule is to take the amount the defendant makes per year and subtract the amount the plaintiff makes per year and award 60% of the difference to the plaintiff.

Like to find out how to make the fat lady sing to the tune of a different drummer??

Bill Bauer
    http://creditwrench.hypermart.net/index.html