Roni

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 18, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Now I realize how important our limits are for being reported with Citi and experian. Now as far as I can see for mortgage loans etc, your merged reports do give limits since EQ and TU do report these, thus they are combined in your scores for debt ratios, just thought I would point this out, but of course I suppose for aquiring better tradelines experian would need to show these if that was the sigle report they pulled. But I am curious to know?? I would think that even though your limit isn't revealed in credit report it has to be used for credit score evaluation for total debt/rations with Experian, correct???

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

citibank said that experian was not providing them a space to include the info on the form . So in that case they are not receiving the information. Who knows what is really happening? It is good to know that the triple report has the information. I am afraid that my limits are not used in fico score calculations.

roni.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well we shall see about that with experian, I will bug them until no end LOL. But yes from what I can see the merged reports have your total limits from Eq and TU and I would have to think that even though there isn't a space so to speak that Experian would have to have your limits to calculate your true ratios, hmm maybe we should address that too with Experian. Boy will I be typing up some letters this weekend:)

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Nope. If the limit wasn't reported, Experian just doesn't know it. The credit scoring model will take your "high balance" figure as if it were the credit limit. That is why consumers complain that their scores drop. The use of "high balance" would normally demonstrate a higher ratio of credit utilization, resulting in lower scores.

Saar

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Saar

Thanks Saar, so experian really isn't giving lenders and creditors accurate scores then. They also never have shown my penney's or target limits. We have to work of them and get them to report these accurately.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It is very important to get this straight and to get capital one off my reports soon.

roni,

7. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

RE: Saar

Experian IS showing my credit limits for one of my visa cards. but not the capital one account. So I think the problem is with Citibank and cap1, not experian.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Mr Bel

We all thought that at first but Roni called citibank and they claimed experian doesn't give them a place to put the limits?? So experian isn't reporting Citi limits, Cap limits, Penney's limits or Target limits I am sure they may be others. With this it would appear the problem is with experian and not with all these banks???

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Saar

Experian is showing my limits for all my accounts expect cap1 and citi. If the problem is citi by do they report it to exq and transunion.

roni.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

MOm

I agree, but capital one doesnot report limits to anyone.So in that case, I'd say the problem is capital one.

roni.

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Experian has always had credit

Always..

High Balance
    High Credit
    Balance.

So if you go over your limit, it is blatantly on your report.

nuff said.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes but

Even though there is a HUGE space for limits, for citibank and several others it is BLANK. I am really getting pretty darn mad about what they are reporting and what they are not. If they are not reporting limits then your scores from them must be highly off???

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Yes but

I can't comment on it, I just know that when i wrote credit bureau merge software, i always had a pain in the ass, cause i had to make a software judgement call, that when High Credit was blank , i would take the High balance field as the assumed line of credit limit, so as to merge properly with the other reports.

The anomaly you're stating has been going on for years, and thats not the first time i've seen it (citibank). It may just be the data format that their old mainframes send the tape units over to equifax in are not utilizing that field.

Credit card companies, with the exception of their web/internet interfaces, and most banks still use some pretty ANCIENT hardware to stay compatible with the credit bureaus. Namely IBM (ie: ibm 390, an old beast no doubt).

It never ceased to amuse me how old their data formats where. Very rudamentary machine database lines, while i'm working with OFX (open financial eXchange) these days, still looks the same.

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Experian has always had cr

Sam,
    You have totally missed the point. That is not the matter in question. Nuff has not been said because you didnot answer my question. Bud.

roni

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Yes but

Who cares about your softward writing experiences Sam. You always bring that up when you put in yourself in the middle of a question and dont have the answer. Not trying to be mean, but that is what I noticed. Mom and myself are trying to get at the true answer with this citibank/experian credit limit issue. Not haveing my true credit limit reported is a big issue. It hurts my ratios. I only want high limits to help my credit score/ratios. I called citi about this and they dont really have a good answer. That is what this is about.

roni
    roni.