Roni

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well as you read I pulled my Experian last night, still no limits being reported grrrr. So I have typed a letter and copied my statements with limits highlighted and I am sending them in tomorrow morning, don't think my phone call did any good. oh well I will keep trying. Makes me mad b/c the true profiler said my score was 50, yes it has gone up and I am glad, but it said I didn't have much available credit, yeah right about 11k worth of it not being reported!!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok Mom. I have been very busy and not reading all the post. I missed your last experian update I guess. I still have not found time to call them. The thing is I sent my reports to Junum.com and I dont have a confirmation # to get thru to Experian. So, I will just wait until I get my next updated report. This whole limit reporting thing is terrible. I now know the problem is experian and not Citibank. They report the limits to the other 2 bureaus. Experian obviously lied to you over the phone. I guess we can just wait it out. I am still optimistic. Congrats on your lates removal. Good Job!

roni

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Roni, yes I have been busy as well. I am happy my score jumped from 32 to 50 BUT Just irks me b/c the profiler claimed my score was low due to how much avaiable credit, HOGWASH I have 12K in limits with Citi which isn't being taken into consideration. Now I realize I only called 2 weeks ago but they acted like they were going to correct ASAP, but maybe they had to contact Citi to verify, but I am still sending letter tomorrow I want this fixed by the time the new year rolls in. Let's hope this does get fixed and then we can worry about other stuff LOL.

Mom

4. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Hi Roni,
    Thanks for all the great advice. I got a Citi AA Silver and a FCNB, partially secured with 200% credit line, when my true profiler score was a 5. Now, my score is 45, in less than three months. I don't know if they are tweaking their software to analyze more items or if my credit score has actually increased since getting a Citi & FCNB mastercard. I disputed a utility collection that wasn't mine & it was deleted from Transunion. My tuition for spring term was due, so I maxed out both the Citi AA Silver and the FCNB credit cards, and then two weeks later, brought the balances down to 20% of the credit limits, and have pretty much kept them there. Now, I see that my credit lines are not being reported with Experian, but my highest balances are. My scores have increased thanks to this board and the advice of so many folks who frequent this board often. Now, I am working on one charge off and two erroneous collections, all almost four years old. Tough decision, because I live in Florida, but I go to school in Boston. The statue of limitations in Florida, is 4 years on open-ended contracts (credit cards) and the S.O.L., in Massachusetts, is 6 years on open-end contracts. Either way, I'll decide over the holidays. More power to everyone and a prosperous New Beginning! TommyC

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Congratulations TommyC. It is wonderful that you are working on your credit while you are still in school. When you get out of school you will truly be able to enjoy the things you went to school to obtain, without paying a arm and a leg for them. Enjoy your holidays also. BTW: What are you studying in school?

roni

6. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Hi Roni,
    I'm a dual concentrator (major)at Harvard, reading Forensic Medicine and International Business. My interests are in Cultural Anthropology and Wealth Management, that is bringing luxury brand goods to the emerging classes throughout the world. I travel the world to study & examine East Asian Southeast Asian Cultures and from time to time, happen upon items, that I bring home for clients. Unfortunately, most of the countries I travel to, still rely on cash for the most part, but as they develop and modernize, credit will become increasingly important. Inhabit the holidays, and hope to chat with you soon, TommyC

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hummm... I had a feeling you were studying Medicine at Harvard..Good Luck with it all.

roni

8. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Thanks Roni...

Thanks Roni, I use to work in Emergency Medicine and Cardiology, and somewhere along the way, I had a mid-life crisis of sorts, I took a few weeks off to go to Asia, and it changed my life forever. The history, the people, the language, the customs, the massive wealth shadowing the ubiquitous struggle of the people. I wish I had the wealth of a Bill Gates, at my disposal, I would give every person who wanted to travel to India, Africa and Asia, a free one or two month stay, no strings attached, because I honestly feel, it would transform the way, people feel about consumption and life in general. Have a great holiday, TommyC