Roni's '91 or '94 chargeoff

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Pat, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Pat

Pat Guest

You should asertain how the lender reported the delinquency in '91 after you didn't pay. Experian told me that a lender reported a charge off as of '94 (which was the charge off date), then changed the status when they started getting paid, then charged off again in '96 when they sold it to a collections agency.

I am guessing- and it is a mere guess- that the lender had reported it as charged off long before '94, and reported as charged off again in '94 when you started paying.

Have you asked the lender if they can show you that the status was not charged off in '91? Have you asked the CRAs what the lender showed for the status of your account as of '92?
    It just seems unlikely that they would wait 3 years to charge off an account.

Look for proof that it was considered a charge off prior to '94, or look up the state version of the FCRA to see if it affords more rights.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni's '91 or '94 chargeof

Good ideas Pat. How do I find North CArolina's FCRA rights.

Pat wrote:
    -------------------------------
    You should asertain how the lender reported the delinquency in '91 after you didn't pay. Experian told me that a lender reported a charge off as of '94 (which was the charge off date), then changed the status when they started getting paid, then charged off again in '96 when they sold it to a collections agency.

I am guessing- and it is a mere guess- that the lender had reported it as charged off long before '94, and reported as charged off again in '94 when you started paying.

Have you asked the lender if they can show you that the status was not charged off in '91? Have you asked the CRAs what the lender showed for the status of your account as of '92?
    It just seems unlikely that they would wait 3 years to charge off an account.

Look for proof that it was considered a charge off prior to '94, or look up the state version of the FCRA to see if it affords more rights.

3. Pat

Pat Guest

Mr. Farber (of Massachusetts) opined in Sept that I have an actionable case against a lender. I will not discuss the issue further.

In 1998, I retained Attorney William Holland, of Gastonia, NC (tel 704-864-7396) to represent me in a battle with a NC based collection agency.

Mr. Holland has a very effective paralegal.

e mail me with your e mail address, and I will look up the NC statute by Friday evening.

Mr. Holland may just make the issue go away with a combination of rural common sense (why wasn't it charged off in 1991?), not being naive enough to just accept a creditor's word, and so forth.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You can click my email address above. Gastonia? My old neck of the woods. I need him for my NCSTate Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA) defaults. Those damn boogers.

roni.

Pat wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Mr. Farber (of Massachusetts) opined in Sept that I have an actionable case against a lender. I will not discuss the issue further.

In 1998, I retained Attorney William Holland, of Gastonia, NC (tel 704-864-7396) to represent me in a battle with a NC based collection agency.

Mr. Holland has a very effective paralegal.

e mail me with your e mail address, and I will look up the NC statute by Friday evening.

Mr. Holland may just make the issue go away with a combination of rural common sense (why wasn't it charged off in 1991?), not being naive enough to just accept a creditor's word, and so forth.