Round 1 Lexington Results - Expn.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, May 23, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got my official notice from Experian today. Two disputes, two deletions (although I see from my online report that one reinserted).

It's funny that in the infamous "SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES" letter they disputed three things (that accounted for 6 entries in my report because of duplicates). Does Experian just not say anything at all if they verify an item?

Anyway, I did not get a full copy of my report with the results. I printed out my online report to include in my mailing back to Lexington. I'm not really sure what else to do. I could contact them and ask for a copy but I'd rather all my contact directly with Experian comes from one place.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Congrats!!, better results than TU. Are you certain the item was re-inserted. Maybe the online report is wrong because it is not yet updated with the removal. Does it have a designation of "re-inserted" or verified next to it?

Erica and I were discussing the sending of merged or "online reports" vs the "hard copy reports direct from the CRA". I think that it is better to send the "hard copy direct from Experian" because the online version does not contain information from the first page which says what items were previously disputed. So for instance when Erica sent in her report to Junum, they sent "first round" letters disputing items that she had disputed before joining Junum....outcome was an immediate note saying "we already verified this go away" and I have heard others have that same thing happen with items they disputed pre-junum.

I would send in the hard copy reports direct from the CRA instead of a merged or online report that you printed. If anything DaveLV, I would include a note describing what items you received the immediate verification on and what item re-appeared. Either way 2 off your report hopefully 2 will stay.

-Dave

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting 2 deletions!!

I received a full Experian report when I disputed.

Dave, does your Lex paralegal know that you are on credit net as a member?

How is Lex treating you when you call or E-mail them?

Thanks - Jim

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I sent them the online report and a cover letter explaining what's going on. I'm sure they have experience dealing with Experian and I hope they are keeping track of what they're disputing.

The item reinserted did have a notation of "Verified 5-01".

Also, the report hasn't significantly changed from the one I sent them in March. If they want to work their way through that report instead of working from the new one, then that would be ok with me.

This method of disputing one or two things at a time is going to drive me nuts because I'm not normally a very patient person. One reason I think this place is such a valuable resource is that I can keep occupied in-between credit related events and still keep my mind on track.

I've written more letters this week than I think I've ever done in my entire life until now. Sent letters to all of my original creditors. Now I just have to sit and wait it out.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

The person who is assigned to my account (who is never the one I get email from -- I seem to get email from different people each time) doesn't know anything about this forum as far as I know. Aside from the bit with the returned Experian letter last month I've never really had need to contact them.

I had a brief email exchange with Jason who posts here and with Sam Spendlove at Lexington while the letter thing was going on.

In my mind, the less contact I have to have with them the better. If I have no reason to call them, they must be doing ok. :)

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Just FYI: Junum is disputing an average of 4 items with each CRA per dispute cycle. They were on a 30 day cycle but now appear that they are sending disputes every 2 weeks for instance here is my current status:

1. Last date credit report rcvd. 5/16/01
    2. Date of current credit cycle 5/16/01
    3. Date of next credit cycle 5/30/01

Not sure how the 2 week cycle idea will play out, I will let you know.

-Dave

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

In another thread someone suggested that Experian sent you results as they got them and didn't save them all for one big batch. At least that's how I read the message.

Maybe I'm in for more Experian deletions...